Beachcomber TM-15 Belly Band Removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Beachcomber
British Columbia
Beachcomber TM-15 Belly Band Removal

I have been searching the forum for a post I saw a while back about someone who removed their belly band and then painted a blue stripe where it used to be....I cannot find that post. If anyone finds posts related to permanently removing the belly band could you post the link in response to this thread?
Bpadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:18 PM   #2

Name: Caitlin
Trailer: '74 Beachcomber B15
Alberta
Hey!

Was it this thread? https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...sto-63507.html

I am getting rid of the bellyband on my Beachcomber as well. We are getting the two halves fiberglassed together and then new paint. I am not doing the work myself, but I have hired a company out of Calgary, AB to do the work for me. My trailer is going in this week to get it done.
cawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #3

Name: Darryl
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawilson View Post
Hey!

Was it this thread? https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...sto-63507.html

I am getting rid of the bellyband on my Beachcomber as well. We are getting the two halves fiberglassed together and then new paint. I am not doing the work myself, but I have hired a company out of Calgary, AB to do the work for me. My trailer is going in this week to get it done.
Curious to know if you got your Beachcomber back yet and if you have any pictures. I am going to fiberglass mine as well. What company did you use in Calgary?
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #4

Alberta
It is currently at the shop for fiberglassing and paint. It should be done within the next week. We hired Finished Biz/ Little Camper Painter https://finishedbiz.ca/about-us-1 to do the job. When it is done I can post some pictures here. If you use instagram, my account for the trailer is beachcomber.trailer for updates!
Old 06-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #5

Name: Darryl
Alberta
Quote:
It is currently at the shop for fiberglassing and paint. It should be done within the next week. We hired Finished Biz/ Little Camper Painter https://finishedbiz.ca/about-us-1 to do the job. When it is done I can post some pictures here. If you use instagram, my account for the trailer is beachcomber.trailer for updates!
Ok Thanks. R U having them paint the entire camper as well and if so have they given you an estimate. I was going to do mine myself but seriously thinking of just having someone else do it so that I can focus on the interior. I'll check out your instagram as well.
Cheers
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:58 PM   #6

Alberta
For all of the fiberglass repair ( sanding remaining old paint, filling holes, repair major cracking, rebuilding the door stop/ flange, and filling in the belly band) and new paint we are looking at around $5000. The amount of work that had to be done was beyond our skill set and free time so we had to hire out the exterior or else we would have ditched the project.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:19 AM   #7

Name: Teresa
Oregon
Quote:
For all of the fiberglass repair ( sanding remaining old paint, filling holes, repair major cracking, rebuilding the door stop/ flange, and filling in the belly band) and new paint we are looking at around $5000. The amount of work that had to be done was beyond our skill set and free time so we had to hire out the exterior or else we would have ditched the project.

Is the trailer done yet? So excited to see it!
Teresa in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:25 PM   #8

Alberta
The paint is all done and they are just working on the door. We will be picking it up next week I believe! I will post pictures when I get it home.

Tags
beachcomber