Bigfoot 25RQ Creative Storage/Organization Ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

Name: Lauren
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
Colorado
Bigfoot 25RQ Creative Storage/Organization Ideas

Hi folks-

We're waiting on delivery of our 25RQ, and I was wondering if any of you have come up with any good storage/organization solutions you'd be willing to share? Especially interested in where you store shoes & jackets, since there's not much of an "entryway" in this camper compared to our last one.

Oh - and where do you keep your sewer hoses/gloves/etc? There's not really much in storage on that side except for under the bed, and I'm not sure yet I want to sleep over sewer stuff!

Thanks!
Lauren in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren in Colorado View Post
Hi folks-

We're waiting on delivery of our 25RQ, and I was wondering if any of you have come up with any good storage/organization solutions you'd be willing to share? Especially interested in where you store shoes & jackets, since there's not much of an "entryway" in this camper compared to our last one.

Oh - and where do you keep your sewer hoses/gloves/etc? There's not really much in storage on that side except for under the bed, and I'm not sure yet I want to sleep over sewer stuff!

Thanks!

On my 21RB the back bumper holds a sewer hose perfectly. Pop the cap off and the hose slides into the bumper. I added a square vinyl fence post below the rear bumper for the extra sewer hose that despite the fact that the sales guy said I needed it, so far I have not needed to use. (See picture). For the sewer elbow I keep it in a small 6.5 qt Weathertight Tote I got from the Container store: https://www.containerstore.com/s/bla...uctId=11010227 . It holds the elbow perfectly and so far has not leaked. That goes into the outside storage area on my Bigfoot. I wash the elbow and air dry it when I get home.
Attached Thumbnails
20190807_194452.jpg  
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
CBG

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: scamp
United States
I saw an earlier post about attaching a square fence post cover to the bumper to hold the sewer hose like Jon did above. They used a piece of plastic awning as a "drawer" insert inside the post. Think it also might provide some rigidity. I bet if you search the site with "fence post bumper" you can find it. It had good directions and everything.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:05 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Hi folks-

Thanks!
I am supposed to be getting my 25TB in February from the Denver dealer. How about you?
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:35 AM   #5

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I am supposed to be getting my 25TB in February from the Denver dealer. How about you?
Hi Thomas! We are also working w/the dealer in Denver - ours is supposed to come in sometime in December. They've been great to work with - very patient with our million and one questions. We have a few things to decide re: solar & which WDH to put on it, but otherwise, we're just counting the days.

:-)
Old 10-31-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

Colorado
Thanks for the sewer suggestions - we've been storing our sewer hose in the bumper of our current trailer - and that works great. So just thinking about where to put the other stuff (elbow, container of Geo Method, gloves, sewer hose rinser, hose, etc.). Maybe I'm worrying about nothing storing it under the bed (and I do like the looks of those Weathertight totes that JonRaw posted a link to - thank you!).

Anybody with creative ideas for shoes/jackets when you come in? We had a coat closet right inside our entry door & enough room for a rug w/shoes on it in our current camper - will miss that (and that's about all I'll miss).

We're also thinking we can fit all of our clothing in the bedroom and may use part of the closet for kitchen storage - so thinking about some shelving solutions that will help with that.

Thanks everyone. If truth be told, I'm just trying to pass the time until it's here and we can figure all of this out in person! :-)
Old 10-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
I added a square vinyl fence post below the rear bumper for the extra sewer hose that despite the fact that the sales guy said I needed it, so far I have not needed to use.
We'd been carrying an extra sewer hose, too - and we finally had a need for it (a full hookup site with oddly placed hookups) this summer on a long trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons - but then when we tried to use it, we realized we didn't have the right connections to join it to our usual hose. Oops.

Thankfully it was only an overnight stay, so we pulled the trailer forward the next morning to dump with our one hose, and then were on our way. ;-)
Old 10-31-2019, 09:39 AM   #8

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Hers how I did mine. The "drawer" inside the fencepost tube is a piece of rain gutter. I mounted two of them, one for the sewer hose and the other one is just a spare.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/106277...57688255087511
Old 10-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Hi Thomas! We are also working w/the dealer in Denver - ours is supposed to come in sometime in December. They've been great to work with - very patient with our million and one questions. We have a few things to decide re: solar & which WDH to put on it, but otherwise, we're just counting the days.

:-)
I must have ordered just before you because they offered me either the December or the February date. I felt the February date was better for me as I didn't want to be driving around on the holidays. I will be going from Tampa to Denver to pick it up.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:11 AM   #10

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
Hi Lauren. The waiting is the worst part. :-) We have a closed container we use for storing all of the parts needed to dump that fits under the bed storage on the outside. We also have nylon bags from REI that store each of our water hoses. I did find some awesome containers at the Container store that fit perfectly in both of the bath cabinets that keep things organized. I can send pics and links after Saturday. Also for shoes I use a Container store cloth unit for my shoes and hubby puts his under the big closet
https://www.containerstore.com/s/10-...uctId=10005137
Karen
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #11

Name: Ben
California
Maybe not elegant but I use suction cup hooks on the outside, especially for raincoats (like https://www.amazon.com/Specialized-B.../dp/B01MR6FH6O). With the awning out, they can dry outside. We also put up a towel hanger to keep the wet things outside. As a hint, wipe the trailer before you put the suction cups on so they stick better.

Ben
btroxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #12

Colorado
Thanks Karen & Ben!
Old 11-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #13

Name: Mickey
Trailer: 18EC W&P Toy Hauler
Oklahoma
I purchased a 5 inch fence post and attached it to the bumper. It will hold all the hose you need and the attachments. Drill a few holes in it to allow for evaporation and odor relief
Old 11-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #14

Name: Tony
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Hi folks-

Thanks!

After years of trial and error organizing I invested in several CLEAR plastic tubs of various sizes clearly marked on all sides with the respective category of objects stored inside. The sewer tub is easy to pull out from my outdoor storage and carry to the other side of the trailer when doing sewer duty.
Attached Thumbnails
2P4A7588.jpg  
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #15

Name: Bob
Texas
My favorite mod (and storage solution)for our 25' REAR TWINS is pull-out trays (or drawers) that are under the front dinette benches. My husband cut the exposed side panels on each bench and the cut piece then became the door to access the slide out tray. He put latches and hinges on the new door. The slide out tray is on wheels, which he ordered from Amazon; these are like refrigerator movers that are extendable. These movers are aluminum with nylon wheels, mounted on the bottom of the tray. The base of the tray is made of 5/8" plywood and 1x4" lumber to create the sides. I have boxes of various sizes on these trays to hold various things. One big tray is mostly full of canned goods, and the other is full of camping books and other camping things we need for outside. The reason for this mod: I hated to open the top of the dinette seating every time I wanted to get something underneath. To accomplish this, you do have to make a cut which may not be very appealing with a brand new trailer.
The area that the manufacturer calls "pantry" is dry good storage for me, with different plastic bins to organize the goods. If I have larger bins in there, I can pull the bin out to easily see what I am after. Bottles of oil, vinegar, etc are in one bin in case anything spills/breaks.
In the refrigerator, I store cheeses/deli meats in one bin so that I can quickly pull it out at lunch time.
In the overhead storage above the kitchen sink, I have a couple of the coated wire dish storage shelves to try to give it better organization. That area is the biggest challenge for me to keep organized.
We store shoes in one of the drawers under a twin bed, blankets in the other drawer.
Closet area: We have a big cavity at the bottom of the closet where we store dirty clothes. I store a folding table and a folding clothes drying rack inside the closet, both of which I have secured to the closet bar with bungee cords. These are on either side inside the closet with still plenty of room for handing clothes.
I am still working on a good way to store knives; I would like a magnetic strip on the wall but I am afraid the knives will fall to the floor on some of the really bumpy roads.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas that you might expand upon.
Bhamm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:33 PM   #16

Name: Vicki
Trailer: Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe
Missouri
Blackwater stuff storage

Quote:
Hi folks-

Thanks!
I keep my extra(unused) extra sewer hose, and a container with gloves and hand sanitizer, and a bucket of attachments for the sewer hose in the top of a 30 gal LP cover which I inherited from a friend who had to scrap her Airstream. I cut a board to sit on top of the two 20 lb LP tanks, and set the 30 lb cover over it all. Access the gloves and other stuff thru the top opening.
Attached Thumbnails
20190925_155600_1573100932563.jpg   20190925_155622_1573100932186.jpg  

GlassCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #17

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
My favorite mod (and storage solution)for our 25' REAR TWINS is pull-out trays (or drawers) that are under the front dinette benches. My husband cut the exposed side panels on each bench and the cut piece then became the door to access the slide out tray. He put latches and hinges on the new door. The slide out tray is on wheels, which he ordered from Amazon; these are like refrigerator movers that are extendable. These movers are aluminum with nylon wheels, mounted on the bottom of the tray. The base of the tray is made of 5/8" plywood and 1x4" lumber to create the sides. I have boxes of various sizes on these trays to hold various things. One big tray is mostly full of canned goods, and the other is full of camping books and other camping things we need for outside. The reason for this mod: I hated to open the top of the dinette seating every time I wanted to get something underneath. To accomplish this, you do have to make a cut which may not be very appealing with a brand new trailer.
I am really intrigued by this idea! Would love to see pictures sometime if you've got them and are willing to share. I agree that having to open the top of the dinette seat each time for access would be a pain - I'd somewhat written off that area to be for items that we'd rarely need. :-)
Old 11-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Congratulations on your Bigfoot 25RQ purchase . Living in Northern Wisconsin a. true 3 season trailer would allow us to extend our camping season and get full use of our travel trailer . The Bigfoot fills the bill and the quality seems to match up with the price unlike others . My wife and I have started the debate
and the dreaming has begun .

Good luck , I hope your new trailer serves you well !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #19

Name: Craig
Trailer: Bigfoot 25ft & 13ft Lil Bigfoot
British Columbia
Thumbs up

We had a 25B25RQ for 5 years, travel 60-90 nights a year. I have a small rectangular bucket I store my gloves and connectors in under the bed. I rinse them off before I store them and have never smelled anything in the bedroom area.
Shoes, from the Container store we purchased a hanging shoe rack with sleeves to put extra shoes in, works well for sandals, running shoes etc.

Containers in lockers are the key to success. Just shop around until you find the right shape and sizes.
Bigfoot 0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #20

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I must have ordered just before you because they offered me either the December or the February date. I felt the February date was better for me as I didn't want to be driving around on the holidays. I will be going from Tampa to Denver to pick it up.
Just saw this now - I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you in February. We are lucky & only have to travel about an hour to go pick it up - so much easier for us to avoid bad weather if it happens! Are you planning a nice, long, leisurely ride home to enjoy it on the way back? There are a few nice state parks in the Denver area with full hookups if you want to do a dry run near the dealer before you head out of town. :-)

Tags
bigfoot