Boler 1700 Bathroom Reno ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Boler 1700 Bathroom Reno ideas

Hi,
I am back to renovating my Boler 1700 after quite a delay... Life/kids get in the way!
I am looking to put a bathroom back in our Boler 1700. My wife has few requests but a working toilet is mandatory.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about a toilet, black water tank, sink and maybe a shower stall pan etc...

Anyone re-purpose a Scamp bathroom before? I have an empty shell to design my trailer so I am open to all suggestions!

Thanks
Graham B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:11 AM   #2

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
TN
Registry
Graham I have the same situation with my Boler 1700. I have been looking for a toilet setup and just about given up on a shower pan. I know you can get an Airstream side shower pan that goes over the wheel well but you are taking up a lot of camper that way. I was looking at a scamp side bath shower pan as well but I haven't seen any dimensions. Honestly I have only showered in a camper once, and it was like trying to take a bath in a wash tub. If I go with just a toilet only I was looking at a cassette toilet as the easiest option.
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

Hi Eric,
I really only wanted the pan for the toilet and sink. We have another RV with a shower and we have used it but very little.
Being able to rinse out the washroom seemed like a good idea but the extra work may not be of high value.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #4

TN
Registry
Graham - I know the toilet in the scamp can be a stand alone unit but personally found it too small and too high to use. One of the reasons for considering a cassette toilet also messing with the plumbing of a belly mounted back water tank doesn't interest me. My Boler didn't have tanks either. As for a sink in the bath room it just seams redundant. It's not like I can't walk all the way across the camper to wash my hands.. Of course I am also looking at changing up the lay out and stealing from the Airstream Base Camp with a galley across the front and twin beds in back. In fact that may be the source for you shower pan.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #5

We are likely not putting in a kitchen so that is why the bathroom sink is important.

We never cook inside as we don't like the grease smell or attracting mice in the off season.

Our current TV has been pest free for 2 years while some in our area have had massive issues.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

Name: Phil & Margot
Trailer: 1982 Boler 17' 2002 Honda Odyssey. Replaced with a 2010 Odyssey
Ottawa, Ontario
Have either of you guys considered a porta-potty? Our p/o took out the water toilet and black water tank and filled in the holes and put in the porta-potty. We only use it at night so it only has to be taken out once a week to be dumped. But it means we don't have to travel with a full water tank or worry about camping where there are hook-ups.
Also I dump the coffee grounds down there so it keeps the urine smell down.

Just a thought.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #7

TN
Registry
Great question Phil. I am actually looking at a couple of different Cassette toilets which are not much different from the basic porta-potty. My biggest issue will be seat size, followed by capacity. My Boler will be more of an off grid camper so I do expect to use the onboard facilities a little more often than on my Airstream.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:18 AM   #8

Name: Graeme
Trailer: Boler 17
British Columbia
sHOWER AND TOILET

Just read your post - i have a complete excellent condition shower and toilet combo for sale if anyone is interested.
Grumoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:05 PM   #9

Name: Brian
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumoly View Post
Just read your post - i have a complete excellent condition shower and toilet combo for sale if anyone is interested.
Hi there
I know this is an old post but I’m wondering if you still have the insert for the boler

Regards
Sharon
Muc59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler