Boler ADD-A-ROOM - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Boler ADD-A-ROOM

I picked up this Rare Surviving Boler Add-A-Room off our local Kijiji today.

It looks as if it was barely used and sitting in storage for years. It is in excellent condition, no rips, tears, sun bleaching and the snaps aren't even rusty!

It didn't come with the poles, so I am using the poles from my canopy. The only modification I will have to make is the original middle pole was about 4 inches longer than the two outside poles, so I will need to add a piece to my middle pole.

Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Nice find, nice pictures.

I've recently seen the snaps available for the side of your body on one of the Awning sites.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #3

I was thinking about putting the snaps on the Boler, but from what I've seen, they aren't stainless steel and get rusty after a few years, plus not to mention, I would be putting more holes in the Boler, which I don't really want to do.

At the back corners of the add-a-room, there are loops at the bottom that you put a tent peg through and then hammer into the ground. It looks as if I was to pull the loops tight and back far enough so there are just under the Boler and then hammer in my peg, the add a room then gets very tight to the side of the camper.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
You could also try some velcro. Stick one side to the boler and the other to the add a room. That would keep it tight with no chance of bugs getting thru.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #5

How about putting the snaps into a piece of strapping and then putting elastics on the ends? One end would insert into your C channel and the other hook onto the edge of the fiberglass at the bottom.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #6

Thats an idea. What strapping would work best you think?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #7

I was thinking of something along the lines of a 1" wide tiedown. The belly band may pose a problem, but one could run a double eylet through it. I was picturing smaller hooks than shown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiedown.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	48245
Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
I was thinking about putting the snaps on the Boler, but from what I've seen, they aren't stainless steel and get rusty after a few years, plus not to mention, I would be putting more holes in the Boler, which I don't really want to do.

At the back corners of the add-a-room, there are loops at the bottom that you put a tent peg through and then hammer into the ground. It looks as if I was to pull the loops tight and back far enough so there are just under the Boler and then hammer in my peg, the add a room then gets very tight to the side of the camper.
i believe you will find they are the same snaps as used on many boats. so a boating supply place can provide stainless snaps i bet.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #9

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
Canvas supplies are widely available on-line. I've used SailRite many times. They have lots of snaps and also other attachments. Plus they ' loan ' some of the specialized tools that you'll need to complete your projects
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #10

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Wow very nice and it looks good as new. Congrats. Great purchase.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
RLP

Name: Rick
Trailer: 72 Boler
British Columbia
My 72 Boler came with an Add-A-Room when I purchased it two years ago. Similarly, it is next to unused with the exception of a small canvas tear. Screened plastic windows on all three sides and a zippered door on the end wall inline with the Boler door. I haven't yet set it all up but have used just the canopy on a few outings. The Boler has snaps along the bottom starting in front of the wheel, around the wheel well and behind the wheel. All snaps are an inch or so above the bottom edge of the fiberglass so no penetration into the living area.

With a recent new axle and new axle configuration, the Boler is now 9 inches higher than stock so I am thinking the Add-A-Room might be a little short along the bottom edges. It might look like a tall person wearing pants that are to short. I'll submit pics one day when I get it all set up.
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #12

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
If your Add-a-Room doesn't work with your new set up would you sell it? My Boler has snaps already, so I would be ready to use it. Thanks for considering the sale.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler