Boler Front End Dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Boler Front End Dinette

The almost finished front-end dinette (chemical toilet under curbside bench). We still have to paint the wood under the cushions.
Attached Thumbnails
002-b.jpg  
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #2

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 13'
Oregon
Registry
That looks lovely!!
MsRubyLu-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yes looks very, very nice
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #4

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Love your front dinette! That might be a remodel I'll do to my Scamp in the future.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 AM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Thank you. We provided photos and a rough drawing of the framework we wanted. The repairman we generally use (retired but agreed to do the work) thought it best to make the curbside bench housing the Thetford 135 chemical toilet a bit deeper than the street side bench because our screen door frame juts into the trailer about 5" and therefore takes up shoulder space for anyone using the 'facilities'. Great in theory but a real pain when it came to the cushions as they are, naturally, different sizes.

I did the seat cushions all in one piece as I was re-using the sofa material--pieced together for some of the new build. If I were using new fabric, I would make a narrow section near the front of the trailer and a large piece for the rest (similar to the banana cushion but with the middle section missing as there is a bit of storage under the small boxed-in frame under the table). Splitting the cushions would have made accessing the under-seat storage easier. Ah well...maybe if we ever redo the cushions. Will be interesting to see how the space looks and feels once Claude finishes the TV bracket for the foot of the bed and the bed is made up with the new foam matress.

FGRV has been an invaluable source of information. Thanks to all who have shared their ideas and photos.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #6

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Bonnie & Claude,
I would be very interested in seeing your rough drawings or sketches, as this is what I wand to do in my UHaul and was wondering where to put the portapotti.
Thanks,
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Great looking mod. I like the color, and the curtain pattern.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Boler Front End Dinette / Chemical Toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Bonnie & Claude,
I would be very interested in seeing your rough drawings or sketches, as this is what I wand to do in my UHaul and was wondering where to put the portapotti.
Thanks,
Patti
Don't know how well this will work or if my scribblings will make sense to anyone other than our trailer repairman but will try to attach the notes to this post. (Note: Some members may recognize their trailers in the attachments. Thanks to all who posted photos!) If you save the photos to your computer and zoom in the text is legible--at least it is on my notebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler-BenchReplacement.jpg   Boler-BenchReplacement-measurements.jpg  

Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #9

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Nice Job Folks!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #10

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Bonnie & Claude,
I'v tried every way I know to get the photos/drawings from your post to get so I could see/read them. If you could please email them to me it would be a big help. I will PM you with my email.
Thanks,
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #11

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Great job! When we have some free time this is definitely our next project...we don't have the porta potti hole so our project will be much along the same lines as yours. I have copied a picture of your diagram for reference when we tackle ours. Thanks for the pictures!! It's great to be able to visualize the project.
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler