step by step how this happened.
- Removed old metal grate/access door, ensolite in interior, all pop rivets, got er' down to bone fiberglass and paint
- sanded/prepped area
- Layered clear packing tape, sticky side in, from the outside (help keep the body line)
- placed a piece of cardboard like material over the packing tape, and duct taped er there (so solidify the work area)
- 1st coat of bondo fiberglass
- 2nd coat of fiberglass
- remove cardboard and packing tape once semi/fully dry, and sand
- prep for bondo glass
- 2 - 4 coats both sides with bondo glass
- prep for bondo body filler
- fill in flush
pretty much how I tackled it, same way I'v use plastex too. Work from the back in.
500ml of fiberglass resin
1m sq with extra bondo fiberglass cloth
2qt bondo glass
1qt bondo filler
palm sander and 80-120 grit works good
wire wheel angle grinder
many latex gloves, 10-12 acid brushes (don't use foam), 10-12 timmies cups.
Just a lil bondo glass and fiber cloth left over.