Boler turning into Mobile Event Bar - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2021, 10:41 PM   #1

Name: Kyle
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Boler turning into Mobile Event Bar

Hey all,
I've taken on a client that has a 13' Boler that is being turned into a mobile serving bar for events. I'll be replacing the cabinets (with handbuilt ones to maintain structural integrity of the trailer), flooring, removing the seating area and whatnot.

I'm stuck on if I can safely remove the Ensolite to paint the walls/ceiling and clad the ceiling in wood. If we maintained an open roof vent at all times, and the space was not used for camping in, would we be able to keep the condensation at bay? Should I upgrade the roof vent size to help the situation? Any help is appreciated!

Kyle
huenink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:18 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
See Relic Trailers. They do a vintage-style wood panel interior.

And yes, ventilation is good. How much depends on what equipment will be used. If there will be a large serving window open when the trailer is on use, excessive condensation shouldn’t be a problem.

But it does seem kind of a shame to tear out all the Ensolite. It can be cleaned, seams caulked, and painted. Seems like you could do some selective wood accents to get the feel of wood without doing the whole thing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
If you are on the wet side of BC, with the high humidity, these trailers sweat. I think you are going to see moisture issues.

We used to live outside of Seattle. Our RV inside was continually damp. This is before I learned about using a dehumidifier.

With no insulation, it will just be worse.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler