Bolers pretty much done. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 AM   #21

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
Oregon Coast. Been through there once and would love to do it again. When is that and what is it exactly? Curious minds need to know.
Colin,

The Oregon Gathering is a wonderful meeting of fiberglass trailers from all over North America. This will be its 4th year and 120 trailers will be there! The Gathering is held at Bullards Beach State Park, Bandon from July 14-16 (although many people arrive earlier and stay later). The Gathering will have workshops, trailer tours, wine and beer tasting, potlucks, Saturday night give-away prizes, and lots of good company. Reservations are a little tough to get this late, but Nancy (who puts this event on) thinks she may have a spot available. If you're interested, drop her an email right away! (ORGathering@watsonmountain.com).

Lots more info about the Gathering is listed on the forum page, and at Casita forum. Is this more than you ever wanted to know?

best wishes,
Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 73 Boler
Thanks Jeanne. Thats plenty of info .
colin k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Looks great Colin. I'm in the process of rebuilding our boler & have just finished building some similar 'shaker' style cabinet doors out of oak. I haven't figured out what kind of latches to use on the cabinets - what did you use?
Bonnie Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #24

I used small pulls and spring latches for campers from Lee Valley . If you would like the part #s i can get them for you. Also used spring hinges from Lee Valley.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler
Question

Quote:
kitchen
Wow, your Boler is impressive!!!!
Audrey Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #26

Oh my goodness, we are neighbors!! We are building a house in Naramata right now!!! Like we don't have enough to do we just purchased a 1971 Boler we want to restore
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Oh my goodness, we are neighbors!! We are building a house in Naramata right now!!! Like we don't have enough to do we just purchased a 1971 Boler we want to restore
Naramata??? Never heard of it.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Naramata??? Never heard of it.
Straight across the lake from Summerland and only about 10-15 minutes from Penticton going around the lake. Do you still need those pictures of the original couch?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Straight across the lake from Summerland and only about 10-15 minutes from Penticton going around the lake. Do you still need those pictures of the original couch?
Summerland??? hmm. Never heard of it.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #30

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Quote:
I used small pulls and spring latches for campers from Lee Valley . If you would like the part #s i can get them for you. Also used spring hinges from Lee Valley.

That would be great if you could post the Lee Valley part #s.

Thanks
Bonnie Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #31

Bonnie.

Hinges. 02h13.72 Self closing hinges $3.10 pair (black)

Spring catches 00w11.02 at $1 each

The catches may not work for you because i added 3/4 inch framework to all my cabinets. For them to work for you, you would have to have blocks inside your cabinets for the catches to screw to.

Good luck. If you need any help dont hesitate to pm me.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #32

Trailer: 1977 Triple E Surfside
Talking

Love the cabinets! Would it be different replacing the faux wood ones in a Surfside? Anyone done anything with the cabinets in a Surfside? I've painted mine but now am having other thoughts....

And your upholstery is gorgeous too!
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #33

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Very nice work Colin. The Boler looks stunning.

I was pleasantly suprised to see you are from Pentiction , B.C. I was born & lived there for 18 years. I've been living in Edmonton now for the past 15 years. We've owned a 1975 13' Boler for the past 3 years, and have enjoyed making it our own as well. I haven't been back home to Penticton for 3 summers now - starting to get homesick!

Did you go to Pen-Hi - perhaps we went to school with each other?

Regards,
Andrew Deppisch
(Class of 1989)
Andrew D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Very nice work Colin. The Boler looks stunning.

I was pleasantly suprised to see you are from Pentiction , B.C. I was born & lived there for 18 years. I've been living in Edmonton now for the past 15 years. We've owned a 1975 13' Boler for the past 3 years, and have enjoyed making it our own as well. I haven't been back home to Penticton for 3 summers now - starting to get homesick!

Did you go to Pen-Hi - perhaps we went to school with each other?

Regards,
Andrew Deppisch
(Class of 1989)
Hi Andrew. My grad was in 82 Went to school in Summerland. But i hung out alot in Penticton since they roll up the sidewalks at 9 in Sland.

Penticton BTW is not what it used to be. Its getting pretty busy but hunting/Camping up in the mountains is still great. You might recognise this car in Penticton when you were living here. I still have it but havent driven it in a few years.
Attached Thumbnails
Mustang.jpg  
Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Love the cabinets! Would it be different replacing the faux wood ones in a Surfside? Anyone done anything with the cabinets in a Surfside? I've painted mine but now am having other thoughts....

And your upholstery is gorgeous too!
Shelley. There is no reason why you cant use regular cabinet doors in your RV. If you want some built, you can have a cabinet shop build you some. Just give them the dimensions and rehang them yourself.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #36

Maybe you knew my sister - she was a Pen-Hi grad of '82 - Polly Deppisch. (Probably not but thought I 'd throw that out there). Nice wheels btw - I have a 1977 Porsche 924.

Anyway, not to stray too far from this forum, I too used some latches from Lee Valley (one of my favorite stores). These are the ones I used:

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp...616&cat=3,41399

(chrome ones)

Also from Lee Valley, I installed some two pull-out drawers where the porta-potti used to go. I also used some Lee Valley rare earth magnets to them closed (didn't want to drill into fibreglass).

Below are my first attempt at uploading a couple of pics.

Perhaps one of these days I'll get organized and post a link to some of our "before & after" pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0072.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	3639

Cheers,
Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
100_0073.jpg  
Old 06-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #37

Polly doesnt ring a bell.

I was considering those very latches but my doors were not suitable. You have a real clean looking unit. Looks good.

Lemme see that porsche.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #38
billyboblee

Andrew saw your last post and was very intrigued as the Boler i just took to Tofino has cabinet latch problems, found out the hard way, stuff everywhere. Anyways, needles to say i will be making a trip to Lee Valley...Oh, also bye the way, i dated your sister for 10 months in '82, our grade 12. WOW it's a small world. Bob
Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Andrew saw your last post and was very intrigued as the Boler i just took to Tofino has cabinet latch problems, found out the hard way, stuff everywhere. Anyways, needles to say i will be making a trip to Lee Valley...Oh, also bye the way, i dated your sister for 10 months in '82, our grade 12. WOW it's a small world. Bob
Hi Bob,

Is it ever a small world eh? Wow. I mentioned you're reply to my sister and she got a big kick out of it. 1982, was it that long ago already? Whew!

Anyway, back to keeping with the Boler discussion, in all fairness, the latches I put on from Lee Valley look nice, but they don't always stay shut either, as they have a fairly loose & tiny spring in them. You may be better off going with the ones Colin mentioned at the onset of this dicussion, also at Lee Valley I think. Also I think the self-closing hinges would also add extra security to keep them in place I would imagine. Note for mine I had to add a small block of wood behind each catch the same thickness as the door, so the the catch & the latch are on the same "plane".

Happy Boler-ing. Happy summer to all those current and past Okanagan B.C. residents!