Burro 13 pictures (please share) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Burro 13 ft
Hey guys, can you share your pictures of your Burro 13', my wife and I just bought one and were looking for any ideas (inside and out) Trying to find them online isn't going so well, all we get is pictures of a animal called a Burro :P Thanks so much.
JeremyHammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Jeremy,

Have you tried searching this forum specifically?

Another idea for Google type image searches is to put in some word that will exclude the animal burros. Like "trailer" or "camper" or "13"

Searching flickr.com can yield some good images too.

I'm not trying to discourage people from answering you here, but there are probably additional images out there to be found.

Also, we'd love to see your new Burro! Congrats

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Tent
Jeremy I have quite a few that I have grabbed off the web in the last year. I sent you a Private Message through the forum. I will send some along. I also have an 1982 Burro in the yard, if you need any specific pictures.

Mike
Old 03-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Some in the Albums: Burro Albums
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #5

Trailer: Compact Jr
Here are some detail pics from when I did some (a whole lot of, actually) minor repairs on a friend's Burro:

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z256/hi...iler%20project/
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #6

Steve,

Inspirational pics! I like the idea of a narrow table so that one bench could be for eating and the other more "loungey." (I guess your friend didn't go for the narrow table in the end though...?)

Out of my 99 questions, I'll choose one: How did you make and install the new storage in the area under the closet? It almost looks like you pre-built the unit and then put it in, but then... how would you get it through the opening? Would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

Also, I love the drawers under the sofa next to the door. I know drawers "waste" space, but they're so functional! And yours don't look like they wasted much space at that. They really gave me the idea of how a drawer could just be a box with a faceplate (they always seem so mysterious; like how to sew inset sleeves...). How are the bottoms attached? Where did you source the rails (I guess you built sides to mount the rails on... or?)

Uh-oh, looks like I'm down to about 94 now. It was impossible to limit it to one question!

Again, great looking work there, and I really enjoyed being able to see how you went through the mock-up and construction stages.

Raya
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
We will be posting pictures of our Burro soon as we are in the process of buying a 2005 Escape and will be sadly selling our baby Burro. We had to do some remodeling due to a mold problem when we bought it, basically replaced all the doors with wood doors, reconfigured it to have two permanent beds, and made a nice wood free standing table that can be used inside or out using the hardware from the table in the trailer. It's cute and somewhere I have pictures when it was all done but will be taking some new ones.

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Steve,

Inspirational pics! I like the idea of a narrow table so that one bench could be for eating and the other more "loungey." (I guess your friend didn't go for the narrow table in the end though...?)

Out of my 99 questions, I'll choose one: How did you make and install the new storage in the area under the closet? It almost looks like you pre-built the unit and then put it in, but then... how would you get it through the opening? Would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

Also, I love the drawers under the sofa next to the door. I know drawers "waste" space, but they're so functional! And yours don't look like they wasted much space at that. They really gave me the idea of how a drawer could just be a box with a faceplate (they always seem so mysterious; like how to sew inset sleeves...). How are the bottoms attached? Where did you source the rails (I guess you built sides to mount the rails on... or?)

Uh-oh, looks like I'm down to about 94 now. It was impossible to limit it to one question!

Again, great looking work there, and I really enjoyed being able to see how you went through the mock-up and construction stages.

Raya
My friend eventually went for the full-size table. I wish I'd seen other Burro tables before I built that one; they usually have the front corners cut away to make it easier to get past the table corner while you're sitting down, and maybe I should've done that. Still, she hasn't complained, so I guess all's well.

The new storage area under the closet went in from above. The floor of the coat closet was loose, so I was able to lift it out and pull out the old crummy storage area. I prebuilt the new storage as a light plywood "box", then slid it down into place; it's retained with screws next to the opening. The coat closet floor just sits on top of it. Called for some careful measuring and a number of trial runs, but wasn't too difficult.

Yep, the drawers are just plank boxes with separate plywood faceplates. The faceplates are covered with Formica salvaged from the old table. The drawer bottoms are 1/4 inch Masonite, varnished to improve their water resistance. The bottom fits into a groove in the sides. The drawer slides were purchased from the local hardware store. The slides mount to a skeletal frame under the bench: A couple uprights on each side of the drawer is all you really need; the tops of the uprights are held by screws down through the top of the bench; the bottoms are screwed to wood blocks Bondo'ed and screwed to the trailer floor.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #9

Oh, forgot: I actually started a thread here while I was fixing up her trailer, which you might be interested in:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=28267
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #10

Steve,

Thanks for the additional information. You solved two mysteries for me: First of all, how you got that pre-fabbed storage unit into the bottom of the closet; and second, why the drawers were new and had Formica that matched what looked like older Formica on some other doors. Creative re-use!

I'll have a look at that other thread - I always get good ideas on features-plus-how-to-actually-implement-them from your threads

Raya

Tags
burro