Burro Front Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Burro Front Window

After several seasons of just taping over the gap in my ‘83 Burro’s incorrectly reinstalled front window, I’ve decided to try and do a proper repair. When I picked it up, the seller just stuck the window frame in place with the two sliding window sections in random grooves and the screen tossed in with all the loose flotsam and jetsam inside.

My problem is that although the lucite seems OK and the latch edge on the inner slide window seems OK, the edge of the other window is bare, so when it is all installled in the original configuration, there is nothing there to seal the closed joint. Does anybody know where I can get this part or what I can substitute there to get a good seal? My alternative will be to go back to my old Plan A and just install a solid, one piece window sealed closed.

Tia ~ Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #2

Name: Cory
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
A one piece window looks nice, is less likely to leak, and is much easier to rebuild. I did several of mine that way, and rebuilt a couple to be sliders also. Try to Google Pelland. They have lots of window stripping. You are just looking for a piece of stripping that will slide in the groove on the back of the channel and act as a "wiper" for the sliding window. Good luck.
Scoboatn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro