Camp Kitchen - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #21

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
The middle shelve
1. Attach the 1" X 2" boards as you did in the top shelf
2. At the outside corners of the shelf attach the end caps as you did the top shelf.
3. Determine how long your shelf has to be. How big is your camp stove. Then from the edge of the shelf were the end caps were attached measure that distance down the underside of the board wall and mark.
4. Using a hole drill drill a hole along the edge of the board at the mark. This will be the location were the frame goes through the board and attaches to the upper shelf.

When you get done it should look like this. The 2nd picture will give you the purpose of the hole in the board
Attached Thumbnails
SMALL MIDDLE SHELVE UNDERSIDE.jpg   KIT 2ND SHELF.jpg  

Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #22

Registry
Bottom shelf

1. Determine how long you want the bottom shelf, it has to be at least as long as the the holes in the middle shelf. We use this as a shelf for our pans.
2. Place wood around the edge of the shelf as you did in the other shelf
3 At the outside corners of the shelf drill a hole as you did in the middle shelf
4. Measure down the under side of the shelf the same distance you used to drill the holes in the middle shelf and drill the holes on each side. The outside frame and X frame will pass through the shelf. The shelf is held up using the rods.

It should look like something like this when done.
MAKE SURE TO MEASURE TWICE AND DRILL ONCE. THESE HOLES MUST LINE UP WITH THE MIDDLE SHELF HOLES AND END CAPS.
Attached Thumbnails
BOTTOM SHELVE UNDERSIDE SMALL.jpg   KIT 1ST SHELF.jpg  

Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #23

Registry
Saturday I will give instructions for the frames. Note on the underside of the bottom shelf I have attached holders to hold the support rods.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Rick you're a sweetie---I know this is a lot of typing---that's what you get for being so clever. We spent all evening running to Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's, Scheels, etc. to just look at ready made camp kitchens. They are awful!

What would happen if I didn't put the 1" x 2" boards on the underneath?? Would it be too unstable?

Thanks so much, I really do appreciate it!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Another question----did you buy the pvc in 10 ft. lengths? Do you think 1 1/4" pvc pipe would be OK?

V
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #26

Registry
You would have to use thicker plywood, but I just saw your camp kitchen and that was a very clever way to make a kitchen. I think it would be OK to use 1 1/4" as long as you don't over load the kitchen and you would need to use the X frame for sure, but the cost of between the two being so small I would use 1 1/2"