Casita high rise faucet spout - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
I just replaced the faucet spout in my '03 Casita with a high rise. It took about 2 minutes working above the sink. The spout cost $16.59 plus $7.62 shipping.

If your faucet spout has a knurled nut holding it to the faucet, you have the same model Utopia.

Spout

Find #27295 in the righthand column.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I always wondered why RVs use a faucet you can hardly get your hands under nevermind a pot or pan.

Good mod Morgan! I used a bar faucet in the Boler.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #3

Quote:
I always wondered why RVs use a faucet you can hardly get your hands under nevermind a pot or pan.

Good mod Morgan! I used a bar faucet in the Boler.
I had considered changing out to a bar faucet, but I don't like crawling under the sink to work. The neat thing about this is that the spout comes off after removing a knurled nut. The new high rise spout goes in then tighten the knurled nut. Viola!

I learned about it on the Casita Forum.

Other FGRV manufacturers may not use the Utopia faucet.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
ok, morgan i just went out in this near 100degree heat and unscrewed the knurled knob expecting the spout to come off. it did not. there is a sleeve of threaded plastic and inside that is the spout itself. how is it attached and how do i get it out?
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #5

Quote:
ok, morgan i just went out in this near 100degree heat and unscrewed the knurled knob expecting the spout to come off. it did not. there is a sleeve of threaded plastic and inside that is the spout itself. how is it attached and how do i get it out?
potteralice,

Once you've unscrewed the knurled knob, the only thing holding the spout is the friction of an "o" ring. The plastic sleeve and "o" ring stay on the spout. It takes some lifting force to free the spout.

Try turning it back and forth a couple of times then pull up hard. It should come right out. If not, a little WD-40 might help.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #6

thanks, morgan

i am glad you have eschewn the obfuscation about this. amazing what a few more words can do.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
cool!! Hopefully down the road I can get one of those put in also... I agree with Lizbeth on why do they install those faucets you cant even get a pot under?? ( money saver no doubt)
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Morgan,
You make the job seem so easy, I think maybe even I could do it ! One more question does remain though. The old faucet requires some dgree of heft to remove and you have addressed that admirably. However, is there an equal problem tryin to insert the new faucet?? If so, please elaborate. Thanks. Don
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Morgan,
You make the job seem so easy, I think maybe even I could do it ! One more question does remain though. The old faucet requires some dgree of heft to remove and you have addressed that admirably. However, is there an equal problem tryin to insert the new faucet?? If so, please elaborate. Thanks. Don
Don,

On mine, it was very easy to lift out the old spout and to insert the new one. It didn't require much strength at all. After removing the knurled knut, the only thing holding it is the friction of the "o" ring. It may require a little WD-40 if the "o' ring is dried out.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Don,

On mine, it was very easy to lift out the old spout and to insert the new one. It didn't require much strength at all. After removing the knurled knut, the only thing holding it is the friction of the "o" ring. It may require a little WD-40 if the "o' ring is dried out.
Here is a picture of the high rise faucet. If the O-Ring is dry on the new one I would put a little Petroleum Jelly on it and then push it in, it should slide in easy!
Attached Thumbnails
Sink___Stove_2.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #11

thank you all, i just ordered one and asked them to add an o ring because the old one is bad. thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #12

Trailer: Fleetwood Pioneer 18 ft
Howdy,

Did the knurled nut come with the spout? I'm looking for the nut only since I already have the spout. A cold spell caught me off guard, freezing and cracking nut off. Luckily, everything else is ok, but now I need to attach the spout back.

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I had considered changing out to a bar faucet, but I don't like crawling under the sink to work.
A side note, here. I had to replace the faucet at my kitchen sink in the Fiber Stream. Instead of reaching under, (Just why do they use 2 narrow doors instead of 1 wide one?) I unfastened the drain(s) and removed the sink. Then I could work on the faucets from above! Plenty of access. The sink came out, and went back in really easily.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #14

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Howdy,

Did the knurled nut come with the spout? I'm looking for the nut only since I already have the spout. A cold spell caught me off guard, freezing and cracking nut off. Luckily, everything else is ok, but now I need to attach the spout back.
Geof,

Go to your local RV parts dealer. They'd probably have one back in their "odd parts" bin somewhere. Just ask.
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Or try a good plumbing store. Faucets and such are manufactured for home use and used the RVs. Don't know of any RV manufacturers who make their own. What you're looking for is a "bar" faucet part.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Yepper I took out the washerless dripping plastic faucet...that you couldn't get your hands under and put in a bar faucet set...with stainless steel flex lines and compression fittings!!! Hot side hooked to the 12V. pump and cold side to the city water connection. Then the whole thing got plugged up by one lousy earwig...EEEW...in the tap screen/reducer
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #17

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
Dave replaced the UNIK's faucet with this hi-rise Moen, even has a spray attachment ! I love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	400k_front.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	10984

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
400kclose_up_L__front.jpg  
Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #18

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
This is a great posting. I joined your forum this morning and it has made life eaisier for us already. Thanks guys!

BTW I'm also a member of the Casita forum and never saw this thread there..... maybe way before my time. Once again, Thanks
david duboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #19

Trailer: 1993 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I just replaced ours with this one from Amazon. It has a water filter too.

Culligan US-EZ-1 EZ-Change Undersink Drinking Water Filtration System
Attached Thumbnails
faucet__50__.jpg  
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita