Casita privacy divider - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2022, 12:57 PM   #1

Name: Mary
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Casita privacy divider

I have a 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe. I would like to put up a privacy curtain along the front edge of the main bed in the back.
I was thinking about installing a curtain rod between the wooden divider on the driver side wall and the top of the stovetop fan area on the passenger side.
Has anyone done something like this before?
~Mary
Ladynearfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:00 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladynearfar View Post
I have a 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe. I would like to put up a privacy curtain along the front edge of the main bed in the back.
I was thinking about installing a curtain rod between the wooden divider on the driver side wall and the top of the stovetop fan area on the passenger side.
Has anyone done something like this before?
~Mary
I haven't, but I'd probably use an elastic cord that comes out of a reel on the divider side, and attaches to a hook on the stove side, and a /very/ light fabric curtain.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
We have.
We installed a retractable wire clothesline to the side of the upper cabinet with a catch on the upper side of the closet. Good for a curtain or drying clothes.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 05:15 AM   #4

Name: Steve
NC
I’ve done it using clamps on the cabinets and divider. I also had one in the hallway for the beds on the side. I used a carpet/drapery hook attached to a clamp and another clamp on the divider. Worked pretty well.

Biggest drawback is airflow. You lose that with these in place unless you are running the A/C.
Attached Thumbnails
5B5A90DE-F0AB-492F-9641-238DC0680698.jpg   AC075866-3384-460A-A3EB-04C07B657321.jpg  

0568C657-5C9B-4B95-A9DB-9672B4AEFA8A.jpg   B3C85D07-903A-46B6-9978-20E6124A8F45.jpg  

Shocksll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #5

Name: Candy
United States
Registry
Works Great!

I have used an expandable shower curtain rod and a twin sheet. Not only does it give you sleeping privacy but if move it more toward the front you have changing and shower privacy as well.
Candolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:40 PM   #6

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
Hi- Am doing the same thing for our new to us Trillium 4500 so that there will be a privacy curtain in front of the bed. I decided it need not be floor length to do the job so I am making it ceiling to about three inches below the top of the cushions length. The shorter length removes the risk of the curtain blowing into the furnace. Am mounting a short retractable clothesline on the closet side and using very light weight non see through material (think polyester shower curtain weight. A catch hook will be on the other side (kitchen side). Our purpose for this was two fold: sleeping privacy as well as porta potty use privacy.
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:18 PM   #7

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Why do folks need a privacy curtain in a 16 or 17 ft trailer......I mean how much privacy do you really get? Whatcha hiding?? I don't get the need?????
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:09 PM   #8

Name: Michelle
Washington
The only reason I think I'd put that up in my 17'Casita would be because my husband usually gets up an hour or so before I do, and hesitates to use a light to get dressed because he doesn't want to disturb my sleep.

But considering the close quarters, that's pert near impossible.
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:25 PM   #9

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
JerryBob, The reasons anyone would want one is none of my business business but perhaps others can chime in as well to help you understand what you are wondering about, particularly in reference to your two questions, and I quote "I mean how much privacy do you really get? Whatcha hiding??

Yes it is a small space but privacy curtains create visual barriers which could be useful for hiding a few activities from other's eyes. And also remember some people are more modest than others for many reasons. Modest people along with people who have been sexually and/or otherwise physically abused often need more privacy with regards to their bodies as do some folks with poor self body image. It's just a matter of those folks giving themselves the privacy they need for their comfort. The whys don't matter, do they? We often have doors on bathrooms and bedrooms for privacy reasons and don't ask why.

Let me get you started however with a few scenarios: Someone may want to hide their toilet activities from a possible guest for either their own comfort or that of their guest or both. Someone may want to, out of sheer politeness, lessen the effects of a light should they be part of a couple and one might be up earlier than the other. Some might enjoy the coziness of having their bed area closed off. Some may want a private dressing area, especially if there are children. Hope that gets you started on why someone would want or need a privacy curtain...
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:42 PM   #10

Name: Candy
United States
Registry
Privacy is important in some situations

Sometimes my son who is 43 travels with me...enough said. lolol
Candolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:35 AM   #11

Name: Cotton
Trailer: Casita ID
KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Why do folks need a privacy curtain in a 16 or 17 ft trailer......I mean how much privacy do you really get? Whatcha hiding?? I don't get the need?????
Privacy and Casita, are not two words I usually think of at the same time...
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:55 PM   #12

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangie View Post
JerryBob, The reasons anyone would want one is none of my business business but perhaps others can chime in as well to help you understand what you are wondering about, particularly in reference to your two questions, and I quote "I mean how much privacy do you really get? Whatcha hiding??

Yes it is a small space but privacy curtains create visual barriers which could be useful for hiding a few activities from other's eyes. And also remember some people are more modest than others for many reasons. Modest people along with people who have been sexually and/or otherwise physically abused often need more privacy with regards to their bodies as do some folks with poor self body image. It's just a matter of those folks giving themselves the privacy they need for their comfort. The whys don't matter, do they? We often have doors on bathrooms and bedrooms for privacy reasons and don't ask why.

Let me get you started however with a few scenarios: Someone may want to hide their toilet activities from a possible guest for either their own comfort or that of their guest or both. Someone may want to, out of sheer politeness, lessen the effects of a light should they be part of a couple and one might be up earlier than the other. Some might enjoy the coziness of having their bed area closed off. Some may want a private dressing area, especially if there are children. Hope that gets you started on why someone would want or need a privacy curtain...
Thanks for the response......I can see I hit on a subject you feel very passionate about......certainly not trying to offend anyone here. My point.....these trailers are very small......hanging a curtain doesn't provide much privacy as I and others have indicated. In the sad case of abuse.....if I was camping with someone like that.....I would personally leave the trailer and give them the whole space.....but that's me. Again......thanks for your reply......no need to be condensending.....this is a discusssion. Safe travels.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:56 PM   #13

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Privacy and Casita, are not two words I usually think of at the same time...
My point exactly......
Old 12-03-2022, 01:00 AM   #14

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
I have a 21 ft Bigfoot rear bed. It has a curtain that wraps across the end of the bed (with that lopped off corner). I travel by myself, no good reason to ever use it. I suppose if someone were sleeping on the dinette it might be good to separate the areas, but I'm not really seeing much privacy in a trailer that small. I will NEVER have someone sleeping on the dinette, my pickup is a standard cab, Its only got room for me and one passenger.

Charles
Old 12-03-2022, 01:41 AM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
a standard cab pickup should be able to handle 3-wide in a pinch, unless it has bucket seats. I know I can do 3 wide in my f250 cab-n-a-half, by folding up the big arm rest. I've gone a 6-7 hour day with 5 passengers in the half cab, 3 in front, 2 in back, and in theory I can carry 6 (but that half back seat is brutal 3 wide)
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita