Casita Screen Door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #1

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Casita Screen Door

I sure would like to have a screen door on my Casita. I'm sure there is info on this website about options. However, when I searched Casita Screen Door, I got all posts with Casita in them. Screen door got me every post about a door. Screen got me window screen. Sighhhh.
So I'm just gonna ask you all what my options are. 16' Freedom Deluxe, 2018.
Thanks!!
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisle View Post
I sure would like to have a screen door on my Casita. I'm sure there is info on this website about options. However, when I searched Casita Screen Door, I got all posts with Casita in them. Screen door got me every post about a door. Screen got me window screen. Sighhhh.
Thanks!!
Scamp has screen doors as an option and since they have an aircraft door too (prior to recent mold change), you can have one too! It's going to require building the support frame.

IF you want a bi-fold door, like Scamp used for years, I've put together a PDF of different information. You would need to measure YOUR trailer. Don't assume.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scamp_Bi-Fold_ScreenDoor.pdf (297.0 KB, 76 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #3

Massachusetts
Registry
Thanks, Donna! I'm not going to be able to make this myself. Would have to find someone to make it for me. Diagrams are very helpful!
Old 07-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #4

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Casita freedom deluxe 16
Arizona
screen door

I also have a 16 freedom deluxe and am hoping to get a screen door... what I've heard because the door is round and not square like the 17 footers, it is much more difficult. For now I will be hanging a mesh screen to keep the bugs out. But would love to get a design, see some pictures too!
Miscellaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #5

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Thanks!!
Casita doesn't make a screen door for a 16'. You could buy one of those screens that open and close with magnets. They work fairly well to keep bugs out. Our friends have one on their house door.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:50 PM   #6

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Good job Donna!

Like Lisle, I doubted my abilities to build the frame, so went for the simpler Magic Mesh screen door resized to fit the door. The Magic Mesh has short black pieces of velcro that didn't work well, so I ended up buying a large roll of black velcro and some small white squares. It doesn't beat Donna's bi-fold, but I am happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails
full screen door.jpg   bottom screen door.jpg  

corner screen door.jpg   screen door without screen.jpg  

boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #7

Massachusetts
Registry
Well I also sent an email to Casita asking if they have a screen door for my16’ FD. And they say they do! $90 for the door takes an hour to install. They would charge $109 for the labor. I’m going to double check w them and figure cost of shipping to my local RV service guy. Hope I’ll be able to have cross ventilation and no bugs soon!
Old 07-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
i built a bi fold screen door for my 16' casita sd. the door itself was pretty easy to build. the hard part was measuring and fitting it to the opening. the left side is attached to the fridge cabinet with a piano hinge and the other side presses tight to a strip of foam on the ac/closet wall. if somebody offers you dimensions for a project like this make sure you do your own measurements as not all casitas are the same.

p@
Attached Thumbnails
done_exterior_closed.jpg  
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:22 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Well I also sent an email to Casita asking if they have a screen door for my16’ FD. And they say they do! $90 for the door takes an hour to install. They would charge $109 for the labor. I’m going to double check w them and figure cost of shipping to my local RV service guy. Hope I’ll be able to have cross ventilation and no bugs soon!
Just make sure they understood your need for your trailer. I'd ask for a pic before making the purchase. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:06 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita Screen Door

I agree. That price sounds suspiciously low. Scamp charged around $200 for the old bi-fold screen door and now around $300 for the new Plisse sliding screen, not including labor.

I’d want to know exactly what I’m getting for that price.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #11

Massachusetts
Registry
Thanks for that warning. I’ll call and discuss w them.

Tags
casita