clean water tank - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Orginally posted by Julie MPerhaps I will call a Marine store on the East Coast, I live in the Central East Coast area of Florida. The Space Coast, home of the space program....Julie
Julie,

There is a boat surplus store in Daytona Beach on Hwy 92 east of US1. It's on the south side of the street across from the Bethune Cookman campus. You might check in there for your water tank. They've got lots of neat stuff. I'll be going back to purchase some items for my camper.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:16 AM   #22

clean water tank

Thanks for all the help! I finally won a bid on the Plastimo flexable water tank, 13 gallons. The best part of this tank is that it is flexable and should fit into my storage area and mold to the space. Next I will need to look for a hand pump, and I will need to decide if I will take the fawcet out and replace it with a duel pump or add a second water fawcet. Also, someone to do the job... Thanks again, Julie

Old 04-09-2003, 08:36 AM   #23

*Also, someone to do the job* I can see right now, someone needs to give you a tool kit with a battery operated drill. whole new world out there Julie. :lol, that's why someone else is doing my fiberglass, I know my limitations. Keep 'um working is my moto. :wave (just teasing you Julie) I want to see pictures. :)

Old 04-09-2003, 06:07 PM   #24

clean water tank

Actually, I do have a drill just lack the knowledge, or maybe the intestinal fortitute to do the job myself...lol If I need to make a hole for the hand pump I want to be sure it is done in the right place and correctly.. A big worry on my part... If I can replace the water fawcet with the hand pump I may be able to do it myself. First, I must find the hand pump and I will look in a Marine store as recommended earlier. I live on the Atlantic Ocean and will certainly not have a problem finding a store for boats etc.
I was asked to take pictures. What pictures would you like to see? All of these little "eggs" seem to look the same...
Thanks again, Julie

Old 04-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #25

well yes they do all kind of look alike, but then they don't either. you might have something new we haven't tried yet, and a color combo that catches your eye we haven't seen. I like inside pictures. your working on the sink area, put a picture of that part. and one where the tank goes, and then after it's in. never seen one of those installed before. anyway I'm hooked, I just like to look. :lol

Old 06-04-2003, 12:14 AM   #26

Tank for Julie

:wave
Dear Julie,
I just removed my original water tank out of my scamp. You may have it if you wish (and pay shipping)
I put in a replacement because it was so nice and so cheap.
I found a 15 gal electric pump sprayer that fits nicely under the bench alongside the galley. I removed the nozzle, ran the hose to my faucet and the pump to the battery...
I also added a demand water heater and double basin sink but that's another story

Old 06-04-2003, 12:18 AM   #27

Forgot to add

Julie,

In case you want to know the spray tank was at Harbor Freight Tools for $89 including the pumb and hose.
You could email me at tom@mapdata.com if you want my old one.
It has drain, filler, and overflow taps. Ten? gal tank would mount easily probably without removing the furnature.

Tom

Old 06-04-2003, 07:16 AM   #28

clean water tank

Thank you so much for your most generous offer... I have solved my problem and I have camped with the results. I bid on a flexable marine water tank on E- Bay and after a few losses I won the bid. The tank holds 13 gallons and fits perfectly under the seat next to the sink. I also had a hole with an appropriate cover etc to the side wall for filling, and a 12 volt pump has been installed. The pump has a switch on the sink cabinet wall between the two black wrought iron bars. Everything seems to work A-OK... Thanks again for the offer.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:32 AM   #29

to Tom Haney......

Hi Tom.....
I would like to have a small water tank to mount under the bed of the pickup to extend my boondocks....my 16 gal on-board tank will last a couple 3 days w/showers but would like to have an auxiliary. I live in TN...if intersted please advise tank capacity and compensation required incl shipping..........

thank you, Phil M