Composting toilet and more fresh water? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The OP wants to remove the black tank and add a second 24 gallon fresh water tank. What part does the grey tank play?

But it doesn't appear that he even has the Oliver yet ?????
And if memory serves me correctly, the fresh water, gray water, and black water tank in an Oliver is all one piece; that is, one big single tank which has walls separating each of the products. And it is sandwiched between the floor (inner fiberglass shell) and the outer fiberglass shell. The OP needs to contact Oliver if he is thinking of going that route.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
CPW, you're correct that the tanks are all sandwiched between the inner and outer hulls, however, they are three separate tanks. Grey on one side of the trailer, fresh on the other. Black is under the toilet.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #23

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Sherry,
Are you sure that it is not one piece in the new larger Oliver? When I toured the factory, it sure looked like a single tank to me in the trailer that had just started construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #24
GRC

Name: Greg
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Washington
In this thread, post #2, I mentioned that I'm not having Oliver install a Nature's Head toilet on my unit due to the venting issue.

The blog "Gone with the Wynns" did point out that having a composting toilet installed allow them to make use of their now unused black water tank to increase the size of their grey water holding capacity. They did this by plugging the top blackwater tank connection (where the old toilet connected) and by adding a new 3inch dump valve where the 3inch flexible sewer hose connected. By leaving the new dump valve closed and opening both grey and black water valves, the grey water level can equalize across both tanks.

Crazy Easy Way To Combine RV Black and Grey Tank
GRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #25

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I wish I had more floor space to install a composter in my ParkLiner.... I need to cut a cardboard box to the size and put it in and see how I would feel standing in there to shower....I guess i could have a seat to shower on lol. I think it's a great idea and with my solar panel on the roof it would keep the batteries topped off for the small amp draw of the exhaust fan.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote