Custom made Innerspring Mattress Thickness on Casita SD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2023, 01:42 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Custom made Innerspring Mattress Thickness on Casita SD

Hello, once again!
I want to get a full time mattress for the bed in the rear of my Casita Spirit Deluxe. I searched for a few months, and really haven't come up with what I want. I've been RVing for over 40 years and have tried every foam mattress under the sun and either find them too soft, too hard, or, more commonly, too hot.

I want an innerspring "firm" mattress. I' ve spent hours on the forums and for the most part, only find foam mattresses from Perfect Casita or Southern Mattress mentioned. There is one guy on this forum who is quite active here from the American Southwest (name is escaping me right now, but thanks all the same! He has an Escape with a F250 Diesel "tug"), who suggested finding a local mattress company and asking them to custom make a mattress. Another fine gentleman posted drawings of said mattress, thank you very much again!

In my search I found a customer maker in the southeast who specializes in Innerspring custom mattresses and can add coils to obtain a very firm mattress. Price is similar to the memory foam ones others on this forum bought. They have been great communicators and I'm ready to buy.

With one more question to be answered. Do I want 7" thick for $499 delivered, or 9" thick for $599. These both will sport the vacuum packed bed in a box scenario and the manager at the manufacturer assures me both thicknesses will go through the door of the Casita. I figure that ever getting it OUT of the trailer if needed would require some work.

I figure the 7" will be lighter and easier (maybe?) to remove than the 9" if it came to that, but knowing I sleep on a 12" thick at home, the 9" might still be removable, but offer a better sleep experience.

I purchased Linus (sp?) brand bed-in-a-box mattresses for my last two previous RV's in RV Short Queen and they were wonderful to sleep on. Trying the Casita cushions? Not so much.

Does anyone have and Casita experience with a 9" thick mattress? In addition to getting it in/out of the trailer, does that much height interfere with other objects in the trailer. I'm figuring that I'm going to battle with the blinds for sure.

I appreciate any help or comments! Happy camping!
Bob in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:59 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita 16SD
Florida
Can you share a link to the manufacturer? I'll be replacing the factory cushion/foam topper in our 1984 16SD Casita soon and would love to have one like you've described.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:21 AM   #3

Missouri
Mattress Company

Good morning, Bob!

Here it is: https://engineeredsleep.com/

I've been corresponding with Davis Orders:
Davis Orders | Director of Marketing & Sales Operations
Engineered SleepMattress Co.

864.630.5206 | davis.orders@engineeredsleep.com

Bob in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:03 AM   #4

Name: ArizonaEileen
AZ
Did you consider these mattresses?

Casita Travel Trailers Custom Mattresses

Eileen
ArizonaEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:35 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 16SD
Florida
Yes, but I wanted an innerspring style not memory foam. Also, my interior is one of a kind custom with a larger bed (almost king size) in the rear so the factory sizes would not work for me. I really love the one I got from Engineered sleep. They were easy to work with and from order to delivery was only10 days.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:35 AM   #6

Name: Kevin
Trailer: casita
New Hampshire
We love our custom-firmness (his and her), custom size/shape pocket-coil innerspring hybrid mattress from Custom Comfort Mattresses in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

We went to their factory in Ft. L where Donn and Donna helped us design our perfect custom bed by literally stacking up the different layers of the mattress and tweaked types and thicknesses of the components until we both had a firmness and comfort we wanted for our sides of the single mattress. We ended up designing 8" thick one for our 17' SD, with her side softer, and my side firm. Perfect!

https://www.comfortcustombedding.com/fort-lauderdale

They were a pleasure to work with, and we will design and buy our home mattress with them when the time comes!
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:48 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: Parkliner
Missouri
Bob, since you are in Missouri, have you tried Verlo Mattress? https://www.verlo.com/st-charles-mo/
JohnH-StLouis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita