Dan Passmore's Winter Mods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Looks outstanding, Dan! I'm not even going to try to think about all the work involved.

Rough guess...... between myself and the wife we've got around 1500-2000 hrs.

Quote:
Did you use handy-panels for your doors or did you glue them up yourself? I have had trouble with pine cabinet doors wanting to warp. How did you avoid that? The cabinets are beautiful. Do you know how much weight you added by going with wood instead of the fiberglass?

Russ... We used edge-glued panels that are pre-planned from the local Menards. Cut to size, sand, and varnish. These panels are well dried but you have to pick through the stacks to get good flat ones. A complete seal coat of spar varnish was my choice. Actually it's 4 total coats on the doors on all sides. The pine on the cabs got one coat with a spray spar before installation, and then there's 2 coats of hand spar, and 3 coats of spray spar, Helmsmans clear gloss on the exterior face.
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote