exhaust vent cap hydroflame HF8012 anyone? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2022, 09:47 AM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
exhaust vent cap hydroflame HF8012 anyone?

Good morning folks. My BF had it's original 79XX series furnace pulled years ago by the PO when it died, and I just came across a nice little HF8012 (direct spark too!) in good working condition that a friend of a friend (so I know it works ) pulled from a parting out trailer. It's a little dusty, but pretty clean, and no signs of rust on the innards. Since it's the same chassis, and the wiring and gas line are both still there in that empty space, this will be pretty much plug n play. I've got it all except the very outer part of the vent cap. (even the thermostat) The fellow is looking to see if he has it, but he's pretty sure he doesn't - probably rubbed off somewhere along the line.

I can run it the way it is (once I install it of course) but it would be nice to be able to put that final piece on it.

It isn't the 8012-II, which has a slightly different configuration to the vent cap (the exhaust pipe is off-centre). This is the HF8012, or 8012-I as I've seen it called. The exhaust pipe is centred in this. Pretty sure that the 79XX series have the same configuration.

I was just checking on the off-chance that someone out there may have pulled a non-working furnace for parts, or know of one somewhere, or have suggestions as to a used parts supplier I could contact (pdx, etc don't have anything). If I do come across a DOA model, I would probably scavenge it for spares, but thought I would check in with the community first. I've attached a picture of what I do have of the vent cap, and you can see that it looks like there is supposed to be something else on there - small slots that look like they want little tabs
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4998.jpg   IMG_4995.jpg  

Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote