Fiamma awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 03:32 AM   #1

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Shopping for a 13 ft Scamp
Arizona
Fiamma awning

I don't want an awning. Never use them. Can one be taken off a 13 ft. Scamp? Do the brackets leave holes in the roof? What would I have to do to fix this?
Barbara Stencel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Stencel View Post
I don't want an awning. Never use them. Can one be taken off a 13 ft. Scamp? Do the brackets leave holes in the roof? What would I have to do to fix this?
Good question, and like you, I also did not care for, or use, the Fiamma awning that came with my trailer when I bought it. Fast forward, I removed it and sold it to some folks who wanted it. They like it and I didn't. Enough on that point. The "shop-built" curved brackets that Casita fabricated to mount the silly thing also went bye bye as well with the awning.

To fill the old rivet holes, where the old awning brackets were attached to the trailer, I used this product:
Link: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...2-oz--13967443
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #3

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
When you get ready to sell the trailer the awning and no holes in the roof might be a plus.
It is doing no harm that I know of being there.
I have one on my 16' that we rarely use, but it is there if we want to sit out in the shade.
I find that the awning does not interfere with , well, not using it.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Besides not liking the Fiamma awning, I like the symmetry of my trailer much better without that goofy awning and the stupid brackets they made to hang it on the trailer. Just me.
I did install a Keder rail for a slide-in awning to use for short stopovers. If we are setting up for more than a few days we put up our Clam screen tent.
Attached Thumbnails
Keder Rail1.JPG   20190428_201304_001.jpg  

Vacation2018 010 (Large).jpg  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:12 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Short answer is yes, it can be removed, and the holes, which are small and fairly inconspicuous, are not a problem to seal.

You might want to set up the awning and take some pictures for a sale ad before you remove it. Then you can also be sure it's clean and in good working order. Selling should not be difficult, but shipping could be.

Opinions on attached case awnings seem to run in favor whenever the topic comes up, but not overwhelmingly so. Lots of members like and use them. My impression is the smaller the trailer, the less important it is for resale.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning