Found Perfect Cooktop! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #1

Trailer: Tote N Tarry
Cool

I went to Target this morning hunting for electic cooktops and found what I think is the perfect one for me anyway! It's the RIVAL buffet range model BD275 and sells for $39.95. I pried out the old propane cooktop yesterday, cleaned out the cutout and dropped this cooktop in. The little rubber feet fit through the cutout so the unit lays flat without them. I will now drill a hole for the electrical plug near the bed and perhaps put velcro strips on the bottom of the unit to keep it attached to the countertop while in transit, yet easily removed for picnic table use.
I think the stainless steel exterior looks great with the stainless sink, and my new portholes. Now if I can get my little Tote n' Tarry to float, and add a motor I'll have a land yacht for sure! I guess then I'd call it a Tote n. Float!
Attached Thumbnails
TRAILER_STOVE.jpg  
Filbert V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Looks great .. very nifty!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
keep it attached to the countertop while in transit, yet easily removed for picnic table use.
Inside AND outside use!
Very cool!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I'm so glad you are sharing pictures of your modifications--so far they have been great "outside of the box" ideas. Love the cooktop. Jackie
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #5

Lightbulb

Quote:
I'm so glad you are sharing pictures of your modifications--so far they have been great "outside of the box" ideas. Love the cooktop. Jackie

Thanks Jackie,
So far my budget has been dictating my design ideas. A $40.00 cooktop vs. a new propane buner+tank+propane+lack of safety on my part! It's amazing what great ideas come to us at 3 in the morning, dreaming of our little trailers...
Filbert
Old 04-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
LOVE the cooktop! (I think that is just what I want) And REALLY LOVE the portholes! Please tell, where did you get them?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
LOVE the cooktop! (I think that is just what I want) And REALLY LOVE the portholes! Please tell, where did you get them?

Thanks Pam, glad you like my crazy ideas. I got the portholes on E-bay. Just do a search for portholes, or portlights (more nautically correct I guess!). You can also check marine suppliers if you live near a boating area, or search online. Some sell the ones that open and have screens which would be nice for added ventilation. Good luck in your search.
Filbert