Frame-off restoration - exterior - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 02:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Frame-off restoration - exterior

Well, I've been off the forum for awhile. Social media distracted me, as did life with growing family. But in 2018, while out gallivanting with Junior, the frame broke again; this time BOTH frame rails, just below the leading edge of the shell. It was time for a frame-off repair, so might as well do the restoration of the exterior at the same time, right? And how about that sagging roof problem that had bothered me for a decade? Might as well take care of that TOO! Oh, and replacing those weak ol' reflectors on the leading edge with actual lights. And......

Posted the photos in a single folder (click here) for folks to view, enjoy, learn from. Any question? I've got more photos (and certainly more info), but the uploader here is kind of a hassle, so I kept this folder short and sweet. The uploader also posts them backward, and there's no sort too so....scroll to the bottom and "read" your way up the photos for a (kind of) chronological look at the project.

She hits the road to cross country again on Friday, including the only three states I've never visited (MI, MN and WI) and the last three she's likely to see. (Not sure I'll tow her to Alaska, and certainly not towing/shipping her to Hawaii.)

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Let the stripdown begin:

Newly refurbished and fortified frame:

WHO KNEW she was such a cute color (but too thin in places not to repaint):

On the road again:

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #3