Front dinette in 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2021, 07:16 AM   #1

Name: Slingskins
Trailer: Scamp 13’
Colorado
Front dinette in 13' Scamp

Hi all

Super excited we just picked up a 1993 Scamp 13'. She is good to go but of course we want to renovate and make her ours because she is a little tired! After reading the forum it seems putting the rear big bed up and down is kind of a pain so we are converting the front bunk beds into a dinette so we can have a permanent bed. There are only two of us. Questions for you all;

Rear big bed: Does anyone know the radius of the curves? And exact measurements? I can easily cut the foam using the old cushions as a template but my sewing ability is not able to make covers with zippers!!

Front dinette: Can someone tell me their cushion measurements please? I will need to get foam for these but I don't want to wing it too badly and I know there are some funky curves to consider.

Material: has anyone had good experience with any particular materials for covers?

Thanks in advance.
Slingskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:31 AM   #2

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Congratulations! Our 1974 boler has brought us so much joy; I'm sure yours will too.

I bought cushion covers for the rear bed from Scamp, and they fit our boler, so the following link may help you figure out the dimensions: https://bolerlife.com/cushiontemplate.html

For the front dinette, have you considered a Lagun Table instead of cutting down the box of the bunk bed? It would simplify your project greatly, and the Lagun Table is so versatile.

As for cushion material: You can buy fabric by the yard from Scamp that is really strong and fairly inexpensive.
boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #3

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 13. boler 13.
British Columbia
Check out "Ticking Stick" On you tube. Very easy way to work out curves.
Martin.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
sometimes you can find couch/chair cushions which work very well especially for the seat portion...
The middle picture below is simply a plywood sheet cut to shape for a base then the cushion cut to fit, then simply stretch the fabric over it and staple it to the plywood base from underneath.
Lots of FREE fabric and cushions available from discarded couches and chairs.
The back of a couch often has huge expanses of quality fabric which is like new since it spent its life with the back against a wall.

Fifteen seconds and a razor knife can yield several yards of perfect upholstery material along with free cushions to match.
Attached Thumbnails
BURRO 17WB 001.jpg   May 2009 018.jpg  

trillium unfinished 018.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
We took our scamp to a local adult education school that offered upholstery classes
We contacted them … they had a number of students looking for a project
Ours came out excellent… very very inexpensive… we made a nice donation to the school
In fact the lady even made a cover for our porta potty
The instructor laughed that that was a first for him
Upholstered toilet lol
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp