Got a couple more things done on my project... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
I know it seems like my pace has slowed but I actually just got sidetracked into redecorating the original Scamp and decided to just work on them at the same time instead of finishing one, then dragging all the tools back out to work on the ohter one! At least this way when they are done, they will be both be DONE!

Anyway, on Scamp 2 I finally got that eyesore of a fibreglassing job I did on the crushed roof sanded and painted! I confess, I only sanded it well where I could see it, and I only painted it with a couple of cans of white primer and white spray paint, but it looks pretty good till I can get it professionally done!!

I used my free roll of Eternabond on the roof around the vent- it has been raining ever since and I wanted that stuff to set some, so the container remains!

Also replaced some of the marker lights, but then it started raining again...
so I went next door to work inside on Scamp 1! (See pics in my next post!)
Attached Thumbnails
MVC_663S.JPG   MVC_666S.JPG  

MVC_667S.JPG  
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
wow, jaye, the scamps look good but i want to know where you are in maine. the background in the photos looks like you are on the edge of nowhere. what is beyond the last vehicle in the background?

denise has a cabin in oob. i have been there ONCE! had to turn on the heat in june! nearly froze.
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
wow, jaye, the scamps look good but i want to know where you are in maine. the background in the photos looks like you are on the edge of nowhere. what is beyond the last vehicle in the background?

denise has a cabin in oob. i have been there ONCE! had to turn on the heat in june! nearly froze.

The edge of nowhere pretty much describes it! We are in Albion, a tiny little town with a combination grocery store, lumber yard and feed store right across the street from our house! We are sorta in between Augusta, Waterville and Bangor. Pretty quite up here and yes, sometimes we need the heat in the summer too- but overall the seasons are beautiful and I enjoy it here.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I could not help but notice your exterior window trimming. Duct tape works wonders for awhile. My camper has the same type of trim. I hope by next summer to have all my windows repaired and resealed,
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
I could not help but notice your exterior window trimming. Duct tape works wonders for awhile. My camper has the same type of trim. I hope by next summer to have all my windows repaired and resealed,

LOL Well, this Scamp came without windows- I have the new ones ready to be installed and just have the holes covered up with plastic and duct tape till I can get the trailer to the glass shop!