Gottaget - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to Renee K.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=11948&R=11948
This could be the handiest to get water from stream or spring into bucket or container. Maybe to push cleaning stuff from bucket over egg before rinsing with hose. It does work, but can't say how long drill lasts on charge.
Renee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Boy, this has a lot of possibilites. I could bring extra water stored in the back of my tow vehicle and not even have to try to lift it out. Just hook this little doodad up and pump it into my trailer's fresh water tank.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
How very useful. Of course, recharging the drill may require a 300,000 foot power cord...
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita

Now in case you looked at the Web site, like I did, and saw the following data requirements,.......

2000–3000 RPM Maximum
Drill should have at least 350W rating
Hose diameter required: 20MM
Maximum inlet head: 6ft. vertical above surface
Maximum pumping head: 50ft.
Delivery pressure: 28 PSI
5/8in. fittings on both inlet and outlet
Can be used with:
Fresh water
Sea water
Organic solvents
Motor oil
Insecticides
Liquid fertilizers
Liquid Temp: 35–220 degrees F

................... when it talks about ''head'' (watch out now ) it is the way pumping requirements are expressed. 2.31 feet of water equals 1 PSI (pounds per square inch) or 2.31 feet of head. As I read this, it means this litlle guy will ''lift'' the fluid 6 feet of ''head'' and will pump it up to 50 feet of head. Divide the feet of ''head'' by 2.31 and you will have the PSI discharge of the pump at maximum. I don't know where the 28 PSI comes from unless it's from Lab tests which don't mean ''squat''.

If your eyes have rolled back in your ''head'', I apoligize.

Of course the amount of actual ''head'' this thing will deliver will greatly depend on the specific gravity and viscosity of the fluid, and the hose diameter and the friction loss of the inside of the hose and , and, and........

Steve, feel free to jump in here. I've had too many Martini's tonight to go any farther
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I had a pump like this back in the 70's with a small-diameter tube on the inlet end to stick right down the dipstick tube for sucking the used motor oil out of my inboard/outboard boat engine (used it on the car also), but of course I was using a corded drill for power -- For some reason, after I started using in for oil changes, the water in the jugs never did seem to taste quite right but we all stopped haveing consitipation problems...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to Renee K.
Hey Keith, Don't those martinis do wonders for powering complicated inovations?!!!
The one use I had for one was to check out a remote spring hole on sisters 160 ranch to check recovery. It was slow go but did work and proved the spring didn't go dry and recovery was good enough to be useable if needed.
The whole thing, hose and all fit into small bag with drill and charger just so it is there, like a few hundred other small "possibly need someday" items!
Renee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally posted by Renee K.@Nov 22 2005, 09:01 AM
Hey Keith, Don't those martinis do wonders for powering complicated inovations?!!!
Renee,

Ya gotta love um!

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
I used very similar pumps which wore out quickly. Mine did not self-prime so I needed to be lower or somehow get a head of water going.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote