Help a newbie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #1

Name: Delaney
Trailer: Burro
California
Help a newbie

Hello everyone! I've owned my beloved burro for 5 years now but haven't updated anything yet (it's in good shape). I know there are many threads to look at but I was having trouble navigating on my phone. If you have websites, video links, or suggestions on where to find good information please share. Otherwise I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

I took down the old carpet headliner and would like to put up the tin ceiling tiles from home Depot. I bought 3M adhesive and reflectix to put up first.
Any advice?

I bought butyl tape and a Maxxair fan smoke standard model and plan to replace the vent.
Any advice?

I am looking to buy vinyl plank flooring to replace the laminate that is currently in.
Any advice?

My real dream is to paint the exterior... I've read a million threads on that but still don't know if it's worth it. I'll start with the inside and see if I build momentum or get burnt out for now.

I'm capable and crafty but have never done any of these things and don't have a clue or help. I just taught myself to do the tape, mud and texture on drywall though, so I can certainly learn new skills with some direction and videos!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get some updates going.
dchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #2

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
I did the plank flooring thing, but am looking at doing something different. There is enough flex in the floor that they will not stay together for a lot of miles. Or at least mine did not.
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #3

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
High quality sheet vinyl works well. I used a 2 mil floating underlayment, with 2 mil sheet vinyl on top. It is held in place by the rear benches and perimeter aluminum trim.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Since the Burro is almost identical to the Uhaul 13 foot campers a great place for info is on the Uhaul Facebook group. Lots of Burro owners there.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
My top advice is to use google to search this forum. Almost any question has been covered in depth. A new question might get five opinions from active members. A search might get several hundred comments, many from people no longer active.

For example, in the case of vintage Trilliums, my two favorite sources are Randy Bishop and Dave Tilston. Neither is active but by searching I have ready access to their knowledge.

And then when you have success in a project, do future and current members a favor by posting your story. Post what didn’t work too.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro