Help! Disconnecting water hose - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #1

Name: Corryn
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Help! Disconnecting water hose

1999 13" Scamp. The fresh water connection valve cover is broken! We went ahead and got started (thank you for answering my post about removing the rivets!), however we have run into an issue with disconnecting the blue water hose from the cover. I saw on these forums that one of the first things we should do it disconnect the hose from the water tank. Are we detaching it from the tank side or from the side where it connects to the fresh water connection valve cover on the exterior of the Scamp?

I see that there are 2 metal bands around each end of the hose, but once we loosen those it's not clear how to detach the blue hose itself. I'm hesitant to just pull on it without knowing more. Again, we are trying to remove the hose in order to replace the fresh water connection valve cover. How do people do this?
Csully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Disconnect it from the fitting, not the tank. It sounds like it is simply a PEX hose clamped onto a barbed fitting. Once the clamps are off, just pull hard and twist it a bit.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
.. It sounds like it is simply a PEX hose clamped onto a barbed fitting. ...
Maybe.. my guess is a Uponor expansion ring requiring a special tool.. thats the PEX option Scamp used in my rig. But I could not come to any conclusions based on the post that had no photos.. and wasn't this project started in a different thread? Sounds like making a big project out of a small one but now I am not even sure what the objective is, let alone what the plumbing is. If just replacing the fresh water connection then maybe no PEX plumbing is needed.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote