Help with how to remove a Trillium Trailer 1300 refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Help with how to remove a Trillium Trailer 1300 refrigerator

Hi I'm looking to see if there is an old thread or any pictures about how to remove a Trillium Trailer 1300 refrigerator. I can't seem to find any posts on the topic. I have a 1973 Trillium 1300 and I'd like to remove the original fridge to create more storage space in the trailer as regular ice coolers work just fine for my food / drink needs. Any posts / how to guides?
kimnmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
It’s simple. Two screws in the back, accessed from the hatch, two screws in the front, below the door (open the door). Hardly worth the effort to create a video on it. Push it out the front, disconnect 12v, propane and 120V first.

Except for a few rare examples, people creating videos do it for free. The monetized YouTube sites tend to focus on bigger tasks that attract more eyeballs.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #3

Alberta
Registry
Thanks Bill!
Is the propane easy to disconnect or any special considerations / tools I should have? I haven't worked with propane lines before, so a newbie to this.
Appreciate the advice.
Cheers,
Kim
Old 07-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #4

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Help with how to remove a Trillium Trailer 1300 refigerator

Hi the propane line is easy to disconnect you can leave it as is but it must be plugged with a flare fitting plug that threads in . Try a local RV or gas outlet for a plug . Once plugged the line " must be tested for leaks " with soapy water. If any bubbles appear with the line pressurized and flame absent . It will need to be tightened more. Do ask for help if you are not sure what to do. I would keep the fridge so it can be given to a future buyer as a selling point ! Iwould also put a screen on the door & vent if you don't replace these items. Yup keep these too !
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:18 PM   #5

Alberta
Registry
Thanks and level fridge

Thanks Duane for the info and yes a great reminder to keep anything I remove.
I was told by the seller that the fridge would only work if the trailer was perfectly level. Is there any truth to this comment? I actually have never turned the fridge on to test it.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnmiller View Post
Thanks Duane for the info and yes a great reminder to keep anything I remove.
I was told by the seller that the fridge would only work if the trailer was perfectly level. Is there any truth to this comment? I actually have never turned the fridge on to test it.
Perfectly level is safest. However, a few degrees off level is really not a problem. What you are trying to avoid is preventing the flow of liquids downhill. Take a look at the back of your fridge. As long as any tube that slopes downhill when level still slopes downhill, than it should be fine.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:29 AM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Cap the propane line underneath the trailer. Much safer. If it leaks, its not inside the trailer. There is a T under the trailer where the fridge propane line is attached. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, then hire a plumber/handyman to do it for you.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #8

Name: Bernie
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
Illinois
When I removed the frig from my 1976 1300 I replaced the T that fed the frig with a couling. Follow the propane line down through the hole in the floor to find the T underneath the camper. This technique eliminates an unnecessary propane connection (plug) that could fail.
cocorom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, trillium