How to hang curtains - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
How to hang curtains

We have venetian blinds in our Casita and would want to keep them up and add a valance to the windows. Can anyone help us as to how to attach them?
Somey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Pop-up
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somey View Post
We have venetian blinds in our Casita and would want to keep them up and add a valance to the windows. Can anyone help us as to how to attach them?
I got some cable holders at Lowes or Home Depot. They're used to run cable thru, tighten up, & has self-sticking backs on them. There're a couple of different sizes, so match it to the size of you curtain rod. I just attached them to the bottom of the upper cabinets in our Casita. I tried the same method with actual curtains, but they were too heavy & kept coming loose. They work great for valances tho.

~~ Glenda ~~
Casita Escapes blog & photo albums
GlendaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I bought buckram from the fabric store - it's a stiffener for drapes and is 4" high. I sewed my valance fabric to the buckram and attached it to the headrail of the blinds using hook and loop tape (velcro) which I hot glued to the blind header. Lightweight, but adds a pop of color to the windows. I have to give credit for the idea to a poster on one of the Casita forums.
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somey View Post
Do you belong to the CasitaForum? You have to be a member to see this topic, it's by Gene Layton the webmaster: Valances and new latches
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha D View Post
I bought buckram from the fabric store - it's a stiffener for drapes and is 4" high. I sewed my valance fabric to the buckram and attached it to the headrail of the blinds using hook and loop tape (velcro) which I hot glued to the blind header. Lightweight, but adds a pop of color to the windows. I have to give credit for the idea to a poster on one of the Casita forums.

Thanks for the idea. I'll check it out with my JoAnn Fabric coupon this weekend.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaW View Post
I got some cable holders at Lowes or Home Depot. They're used to run cable thru, tighten up, & has self-sticking backs on them. There're a couple of different sizes, so match it to the size of you curtain rod. I just attached them to the bottom of the upper cabinets in our Casita. I tried the same method with actual curtains, but they were too heavy & kept coming loose. They work great for valances tho.

~~ Glenda ~~
Thanks for the information. I'll check it out along with the other ideas posted here.