How to video for insulation and wall covering? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2024, 05:15 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Casita
Nh
How to video for insulation and wall covering?

My searches are coming up empty, can anyone point me to a good video of how to apply wall covering to the curved interior of my 86 Casita?
mopedmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
OK, first, what do you intend to apply to the interior walls?
Carpeting,(i.e."Rat Fur?) Elephant Skin? Etc.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:42 PM   #3

Nh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
OK, first, what do you intend to apply to the interior walls?
Carpeting,(i.e."Rat Fur?) Elephant Skin? Etc.
Greg,
I am not sure what I wanted to install, I am most concerned about how to adhere anything flat to the curved surfaces of my Casita. I think I want some layer of protection from condensation and then some aesthetic wall covering of some sort.
Old 06-16-2024, 01:13 PM   #4

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopedmike View Post
Greg,
I am not sure what I wanted to install, I am most concerned about how to adhere anything flat to the curved surfaces of my Casita. I think I want some layer of protection from condensation and then some aesthetic wall covering of some sort.
Well, some trailers are double walled and don't require additional coverings, some have "elephant skin" insulation inside, and some, (like my Casita,) have wall carpeting, affectionately referred to as "rat fur." If you plan to use carpeting, (probably the easiest to apply,) I personally would opt for 3M 77 Spray adhesive, although there are several other adhesives out there out there as well, but I've found this one to be a very strong adhesive and user friendly. You can find it on Amazon, or in any "big box" hardware store. You'll need to trim and shape whatever you apply, to radius it in corners and bends to prevent buckling, rippling and pleating of whatever you decide to use.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40071862/
https://www.amazon.com/Super-77-Mult.../dp/B08ZFMYCBM
Old 06-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #5

Name: Teresa
Trailer: Trek
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopedmike View Post
My searches are coming up empty, can anyone point me to a good video of how to apply wall covering to the curved interior of my 86 Casita?
First - is there anything at all on there now?
TeresaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 01:06 PM   #6

Nh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaT View Post
First - is there anything at all on there now?
Nothing on the walls right now. It was all removed before I got it.
Old 06-22-2024, 01:41 PM   #7

Washington
Registry
You will need to apply some type of interior finish/carpet, etc. for several reasons. Condensation is always a big issue inside single-walled trailers/RV's, and they don't call it fiberGLASS for nothing. Unless to want to see the sunshine or full moon shining inside your trailer, or any vehicle headlights hitting you after dark, and also any silhouette shadows of someone walking by outside, you need to have some kind of interior wall covering.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:12 PM   #8

Name: Lyn
Trailer: scamp
Washington
hull liner for boats is on my 19'. it's glued on and has some stretch that allows it to conform to the curves. It also insulates and stops any sweating. I've been happy with it.
appatude is offline   Reply With Quote