I FIXED MY HEATER!!!!!!!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Well my heater in my 77 Scamp never worked and so I decided what is the worst that could happen so I took it apart. I do owe a big thank you to the gentleman who I met at the NOG who explained everything I needed to know about my heater thus giving me that boost of I can do it confidence....forgot your name but my sincerest thank you! I took it in to Evergreen RV (got to give them props for helping) and they showed me what might be wrong and so this morning when I hooked it all back up scrunched down low like some primitive beast hovering to see if I could "make fire". Extinguisher nearby just in case, it started up Yea fire!!!!!!!

Now to see if I can get that fridge to work on propane... Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Congratulations on your success!!!!! I, too, have visited Evergreen RV, it's nice to be treated as a real person, even tho you have "one of those little egg things" (not the same reception you receive at other "big name brand' RV establishments). They are nice people there.
As far as your propane success, it's just the opposite of electricity mystery, here you are supposed to let the "smoke and fire' out...... And when you get real proficient at it, I have a couple of propane fridges you can practice on. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You go girl! Ah the feeling of accomplishment. Nice to know, since summer's coming you've got the heater working just fine

Just jerking your chain.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Hay Brandy....I guess you didn't need a heater at the Nor Westers egg meet.
Too much 'liquid insulation', huh, LOL!!!!!!

P.S. I STILL owe ya.......
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Hay Brandy....I guess you didn't need a heater at the Nor Westers egg meet.
Too much 'liquid insulation', huh, LOL!!!!!!

P.S. I STILL owe ya.......

Welll done Brand on getting the heater fixed. As we both know Doug didn't need any heat on at the egg meet!! LOL
Doug I suspect you had a few extra things to keep you warmer than those of us that were on our own at the meet!
I ended up giving my electric portable heater away to another single party who had been cold the first night and had to cross my fingers on Saturday night that the trailers main heater was workng as it was the one thing I hadn't had time to check prior to leaving. The dog had forced me into the top bunk on Friday night. So I could not count on him to keep me warm.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry

We 'slept' with the sheets off...........

Your 'buns' stayed fresh all week, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thanks)
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Way to go Brandy, get that fridge fixed and the next thing you know, you'll be the one doling out the advice.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Way to go Brandy, get that fridge fixed and the next thing you know, you'll be the one doling out the advice.

I need to talk the the heater wizard that i met at the NOG again..are you out there? if so send me a quick note. Thanks Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Brandy,

Anyway you'll be in the Akron-ish area in the next couple of days? The heater on our 16ft U-Haul we're told, doesn't work. I tested the table top cube yesterday when it was 49 out, and in minutes the trailer was at a comfortable 70degrees.

If you could come out east and fix mine before we head off for the Memorial Day Weekend, where nightly temps will dip into the 40's/50's - I sure could use your help!

Very happy for you! Good work!
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
I need to talk the the heater wizard that i met at the NOG again..are you out there? if so send me a quick note. Thanks Brandy
Brandy,

It was Bill Ghormley. You can PM him at "Bill and Jacquie G." Go to the link at the top "members", you can find him there by searching "member, starting with Bill and J".

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #11

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Congrats Brandy,
Your an inspiration to persistance and trying things new while getting all the facts together!!!!

Harry

Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote