Installed our new Southern Mattress - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft / 4 cyl Tacoma
Today we installed our new custom-made mattress from Southern Mattress. The size of the mattress in a 17’ Casita is a standard “full-size”, or double-bed sized, but the corners are round in the back, so a standard mattress doesn’t fit well. This company in North Carolina makes a mattress designed specifically for the Casita. It is a Memory-foam mattress, like a Tempurpedic, or you can turn it over and sleep on a foam mattress as some people prefer. I have slept on several memory foam mattresses. We had a Boyd Angelica first and loved it. Then moved into a motorhome and sold it as the motorhome came with a sleep number bed. We didn’t like the sleep number for two reasons. The RV version was not as thick so not as comfortable as the home version. Also, in an Rv, you are always changing altitude, so you had to adjust the pressure every night. We sold it and tried a Tempurpedic. After two weeks of cussing it because it was too hard, we traded it back in for a Sealy Comforpedic. We slept on that for about a year, but always felt it was too soft. Finally, we moved back into our house and bought another Boyd memory-foam mattress and are back in love again. This Southern Mattress feels a lot like the Boyd and I think we’ll like it fine. I won’t know until next summer when we go camping again. They are not cheap. With shipping it cost over $700 (I bought the most expensive one they had, 5” thick). You can save a little money by buying a 4” or getting a foam mattress without the memory foam. See it here:

http://web.me.com/dr.pepper007/Site/Casita...Mattress.html#0
lonlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Wow that looks really nice! A good night's sleep is very important.