Interior Redo! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #21

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
very nice redo and kind of glamorous, love the kittys too!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #22

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
That shoe-holder-in-the-fridge idea is neat. I'll have to see if I can do that with ours.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #23

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Guess what? There is a book called Sewing for Dummies!
My favorite sewing machine is the one I learned on at 8 years old. I am now 61 years and still prefer this machine even though it only does a straight stitch. It is the Singer Featherweight. It can sew through lightweight, medium and heavy fabrics. I would not sew multiple layer of upholstery fabric on it though. An industrial machine would be appropriate for this purpose.

Karen, I love your interior re-do! Great job!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #24

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 17 ft ('The Sea Glass')
My Mom, who is an avid seamstress, found a Singer Featherweight at a rummage sale near our house when she was visiting and after having it refurbished (which cost more than the machine) carries it around with her in the RV. She sews curtains and bedding and decorative items out of lightweight materials. I don't think she has attempted upholstry, but maybe you can find a setting that is good for heavier fabrics (you will probably need a heavier setting to make a Playa Coat as well-my sewing machine which is full sized even had to have a lot of tweaking to get one of those started-and I still haven't succesfully completed it due to broken needles and jammed stitching!) You should be able to turn out some nice vests and leggings and maybe even a utilikilt, however. Here is a site where you can get one already refurbished and ready to go (she paid $25 at the rummage sale and $60 to get it refurbished-they are not overly inexpensive even if you do have the luck of finding one at a tag sale of some sort) Singer Featherweight Sewing Machines

Singer Featherweight Sewing Machines
Toni M T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #25

Wow. Those were ridiculously expensive. I didn't check the prices before I posted the link.

My machine came from Sears. It is pretty small and portable-a Kenmore. I carry it around with most of my supplies in a carry-on sized flight bag.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #26

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Nice redo! Love the new floor, dinette conversion and drapes!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #27

Cool

I finally got around to clicking on your link to see the photos (please forgive me-I have been getting our Tiki Lounge Bigfoot TT ready for a trip to Oregon and can't spend much time on the computer right now). I think you have moved beyond "camping" to "glamping". I love the rich silver bedding and curtains!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #28

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni M T View Post
My Mom, who is an avid seamstress, found a Singer Featherweight at a rummage sale near our house when she was visiting and after having it refurbished (which cost more than the machine) carries it around with her in the RV.

I love a classic piece of mechanical engineering! But yeah, those restorations are not cheap at all! I'd need to find a cheap beater, but in good working order!
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #29

Trailer: 76 Honey Neonex Boler
Registry
Nice Redo! Thanks for the link to your blog, I lost it when my computer had to be restored. I'm always interested in reading how others travel in their small fiberglass trailers.
Karen L W is offline   Reply With Quote