Jalousie window air conditioner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #1

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Jalousie window air conditioner

I tried asking this on a Facebook forum but got answers for everything except what I asked. I will try it here, and hope for some direct answers.

Criteria--- I have a Rectangular Jalousie Window. I have a window air conditioner. I am not ready to cut a hole in my camper to put it in the closet yet, as the wood in front of the wheel well is weak. I want to put the air conditioner in the window for THIS SEASON. I do not want a permanent mount, but something to remove for travel. Today with the windows and roof vent open and the door open, it was 102Degrees in there with 40% humidity. That is a heat index of 114 degrees and that's just not comfortable. Now to my Facebook post from yesterday....

"Boler/Scamp 13 owners with rectangular Jalousie Windows... Do you have a good solution for putting an air conditioner in the window that is a removable-for-travel mount? What solutions do you have for the opening while traveling? Do you remove the upper and lower pane frames and leave the mechanisms in place, or do you remove all but the outer window frame?
It was 100F here yesterday. I kinda need something to cool this thing down before I take it out. I have some issues with the floor deck in front of the wheel well but I don't want to tear it apart this season. That puts aside cutting a hole in the side right now, since I want to have some of my support off that area. I also do not want the extra weight hanging on the side of the camper while I travel.
Any insight would be appreciated."
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
You'll hafta build a false window frame dedicated to holding the AC...and make a cover for travel I'd say.
Have you looked at the climate rite 5000 btu that mounts on tongue with hoses into the camper? I believe they're around 4" hoses and could go almost anywhere.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #3

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
I do not have the money to buy a new AC unit. I need to work with what I have available.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #4

Registry
understood...I think I saw a post where a guy was selling a wooden structure like you need...I'll look for it
Old 07-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #5

Registry
This maybe?
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...uff-80678.html

Of course that's a front install but maybe?
Old 07-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Possibly a free standing support and some kind of thick foam gasket to seal the unit to the side of the trailer. So all that would have to go in the trailer or tow vehicle while traveling but would be relatively cheap.
Edit; I've seen where supports were built off the bumper to support a A/C unit stuck in the rear window, unit gets pulled out and set on floor to travel.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote