LED Tail lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
LED Tail lights

I'm looking to replace the tail lights on my 4500 with some LED's. The originals were gone when I bought the trailer, so upgrading the bulbs isn't an option. I'd like to find something that fits the rectangular space as elegantly as possible. What have you used, and do you like it? Thanks!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Harbor Fretght has really nice rectangular, water tight, LED tail lights for $50 but you can find them on sale or a discount. Sign up 4 a email flyer.

Harbor Freight Tools

Search results for: 'led tailights'
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I was going to suggest Harbor Freight. boat trailer lights are usually well mad and always water proof. maybe check the marine catalogs?
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Another possibility for LEDs is to purchase an old fashion bulb style tail light set and throw away the bulb sockets. Then install 2 red, sealed LED marker units in each tail light wiring one to the brake & turn curcuit and one to the running light curcuit. This gives you a much larger selection of units for appearance but LED function. I did this with my original Bigfoot units and am very pleased with the results.

M1 series Marker Lamp
Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Scott H. Our Trillium 1300 has a pair of Bargman led lights on each side. They are a surface mount as opposed to recessed and are less than an inch apart. They measure about 4 1/2" vertical by 5 3/4" horizontal each. I think they are Bargman #86??? I am very happy with how bright the multi lamp led lights are. Good luck, Raz
Attached Thumbnails
RearLights2.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Hi Scott,
If you are still looking, try giving Paul Neumeister an email at the following link. He has some "original" new/unused Trillium Tailights. I bought a set for my 13ft last year and want to try and adapt a LED system into them as mentioned by Tom.

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister
Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I bought a set of the Harbor Freight rectangular LEDs for our Surfside project trailer. They are really very nice and include both red side marker and license plate illumination lights; the only thing they're missing is a backup light, which I resolved that by buying a pair of inexpensive Harbor Freight fog lights, only one of which I will use.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ght-41106.html
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette Deluxe / 1997 Toyota T-100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
Harbor Fretght has really nice rectangular, water tight, LED tail lights for $50 but you can find them on sale or a discount. Sign up 4 a email flyer.

Harbor Freight Tools

Search results for: 'led tailights'
I use the harbor freight lights, for me I installed them so people could see my tail lights better.
D Tharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #9

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Thanks for all the advice! I think I'm going to try these. LEDTrailerLights.com - Boat trailer LED lights with license plate lighting
They look like a slightly polished version of the HF lights.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights