Low Profile LED light - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Low Profile LED light

The attached photo shows the wires coming out of the back of a very low profile LED light that I got at the Abbotsford RV show in January. I want to put this light over the new kitchen that I am installing in my Trillium and I want to put it on a switch other than the one built into the light.

I am not sure how to do this as I can't see how the white wire designated 'Aux Switch' gets incorporated into the circuit. Why wouldn't the switch be in the Black 'Power' line.

Thanks for any help anyone can give !
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium - 39 LED light.jpg  
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
My guess is the white wire connects to the output or hot side of the switch. Putting power to the white wire via another switch puts power directly to the LED. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #3

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
If you are switching this normally, wire it with the + and - as labelled and control the switching via the black + line as usual.

Aux switching would obviously be some sort of extra option and you would have to know how the manufacturer planned that type of switching. My GUESS is that you could have a number of these individually switched as normal, and have a single master switch connected to all the "aux switch" inputs to turn them all on at once (wired to 12V positive side).

A guess, as I said. Some LED's can be sensitive and if you aren't supposed to put 12V+ to that aux switch it may not be a good thing. If you decide to try it out, VERY quickly apply + to that lead to see if you get a quick flash of light. Don't leave it connected to burn anything up just in case! Documentation, of course, is the best way to go.

Tags
light