Made our own Front Dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Hi -
We got tired of un-making our bed in order to have a table to eat on.
After several Scamp Camps (and visits to this site) and checking out how others modified their scamp, we took the dive and cut into our scamp.
Yes it was scary at first but with the first cut comes confidence.
My husband decided to rip up the carpeting and put in some laminated flooring - did that make a difference.
Attached (hopefully) are some before and after pics of our "front dinette".

The table has become our favorite place - it is a great place for breakfast and just to have coffee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	9049
Attached Thumbnails
Before__BENCH.jpg  
D & K Watling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #2

Here are some more conversion pictures.

One reason the front dinette works for us is because we do not have the privacy / bathroom closet.
We did have to trim the spring table so one of us could easily fit into the corner seat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAMP_BENCH_2.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	9051
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP_BENCH_3.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Very nice!!! an extra table is very convient.. I had a 16 w/side dinnette and loved it....
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Will you still be able to make the new dinette into a bed ? I was wondering the open cupboard with the red baskets in it was your furnace in there before, and you ripped it out ?
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Will you still be able to make the new dinette into a bed ? I was wondering the open cupboard with the red baskets in it was your furnace in there before, and you ripped it out ?
Since we never used the "chesterfield" as a bed or bunk, we figured we were not losing anything thing. So no, it can not be made into a bed.

As for the baskets - that is the lower part of the closet. If you dropped something in there, you had to bend your whole body into the closet to retreive it.
It was pretty much wasted space on our part so, we made shelves out of the space. I have seen others make drawers.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Nice job!

We converted our first Boler to a front dinette and followed with the same mod in our 15' Trillium. That little table is our favorite spot in the trailer. We have eaten many a pleasant meal there parked where we have a view.

Much later we bought the hardware to convert the dinette to a bunk, here are pictures of that.
It is nice to see your dinette - thanks for posting it.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
front_dinette.jpg   front_bunk.jpg  

Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #7

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
I sure do like this idea! I'll need to check to see if my baby Burro (13ft) will work like this. Hmm...Baby Burro?.... un Burrito? I sure have a lot of work to do on this thing.
Dave
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
We did have to trim the spring table so one of us could easily fit into the corner seat.
Lance did something neat with his Blue Boler Mods as seen in his long slide show. He mounted the dinette table using a drawer slide so one can easily move the table enough to get into the tight seat.

Now that you have the front dinette, you might want to see his underbed storage ideas as well.

Amazing what one finally sees when viewing a mod for the umpteenth time
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote