I have added a post on how to make a awning
for a Scamp
I have added a 9 x 12 awning
to my camp. Here are the parts I used and how to attach the rail to the Scamp
Flex-A-Rite White 90 Long # 103355 $12.95
Keder-Awning Rope-Tape #102549 $1.20/ft. O order extra rail and Keder to make front and rear awnings later?
Seamstick 3/8 Basting Tape $9.95
Loctite Pl Premium 10 OZ Polyurethane Construction Adhesive (Lowes)
1. Measure were to place the rail on the Scamp. I did mine 7.5 inches from the drip awning over the door.
2. You will have to heat up the railing to bend it around the curves of the Scamp. See Sailrite video to bend. Take your time.
3. Place the rail 7.5 inches up from the drip awning, mark on the underside with a pencil and the back side of the rail.
4. Run masking tape along the pencil marks.
5. Lightly sand/scuff up the gelcoat on the Scamp and the back of the rail for a better grip. Use rubbing alcohol on the scuff area on the Scamp and the rail, to clean up residue.
6. Run a bead of adhesive in the middle of the rail and place it between the masking tape, moving the rail, top to bottom to spread the adhesive between the rail and Scamp. Press and hold for 10 minutes or longer. I place weights/heavy on the rail and let is set for 36 hours. Perfect.
7. Make your tarp and sew the Keder rope to the Tarp. I made the Keder 1 inch longer on both sides for easy pull threw, and overhang.