Making Curtains.....Help! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #21

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
I made new curtains for my Scamp last summer and I didn't exactly use a pattern, but one of the things I made sure to do was make sure that they were long enough, vertically. The original curtains, if anybody had been looking in my windows, would have showed more than I cared to be public. And like Norm and Ginny suggested, I used the original curtains as the template for the new curtains. I didn't line them, though I haven't hemmed things yet so I still could, but I did turn the lights on after the sun went down (while it was sitting in my driveway), and walked around it from various distances to make sure that nobody could see in. I'm planning to use "sun fading" as my excuse to redecorate and make new curtains in a couple of years.

Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #22

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Oh Kenny- so sorry she had such a frustrating experience- I have been doing something with textiles most of my life. Ironically it is much more challenging to work with layers and heavy materials in small space for just those reasons.It's super hard to know what you are going to get in the end. I give her a huge vote of confidence for making the leap to take on the project in the first place ! Now that she has made the first set the next time will be a piece of cake. I realized I jumped on your thread well after the fact but am newish to many of the forums as we just got our trailer this week.
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #23

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
There are tons of tutorials on the Internet. Here's one I like for making lined curtains/drapes. You simply make the trailer curtains smaller than the sample in the DIY.
Sew Many Ways...: How To Make Lined Drapes...Picture Tutorial
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #24

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Thanks everyone for all the help. I'm having trouble deciding on the fabric now.......too many options - hahaha!!!
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Here's a previous FiberglassRV "thread" (pardon the pun) on fabrics, sewing and quilting. I think you'll enjoy it! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...e-55366-4.html
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #26

Name: Robin
Trailer: Boler 13'
Ontario
Double the window width
robinholtpeng is offline   Reply With Quote