mattress for a Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: Escape 17B
New Mexico
MattressInsider.com
Definitely a class act. I bought a custom mattress from them and love it.
swamibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #22

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
If there is an IKEA near you...check them out. Several years back....we bought a 4 1/2 mattress from them...I think it was about $200.....it fits great.....is real comfortable....we love it. They have several choices....they call them funny names and I don't remember what ours was called....but it's a great mattress.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjack541 View Post
My back is killing me from sleeping on the cushions with a memory foam topper in my Liberty!
Have you replaced your cushions with a mattress? If so where did you get it? How thick is it? How do you like it? How did you deal with the rounded corners and access to the storage areas? Is the mattress hinged in the middle to allow for access?

Any words of advice?
This is from Rural Tom's wife: (The Princess and the pea) I tried many things on our Casita double bed...I can not abide hot memory foam......I finally bought a bed in a box...from WalMart, a Linus with springs!! I just checked they are $139 and I love, love, love it! It popped open and filled the corners. I replaced all our beds in our homes in Alaska and Arizona with king size ones!! I think they were $150. I also bought a great mattress protector from the company that makes them from Marriott.....now I am in heaven when I sleep in our Casita.
Rural Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #24

Name: Scampgrounds
Trailer: Scamp
Ca
Sleeping Well On Cushions

Another option is to bring your cushions to an upholstery shop and have them make new ones with softer foam (e.g. #28). This way your interior look will be preserved and you should sleep better. I couldn't sleep on our original 2020 Scamp 13' cushions -- the upholstery shop guessed they are #40 firmness foam (super stiff). While you are at it, if you suffer from allergies and/or want something easy to clean, you can have the cushions constructed with "faux" leather (vinyl) which is sleek, easy to clean, and looks great. I have all the details and images on my website:

https://scampgrounds.com/our-best-tr...-modification/
Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:06 PM   #25

Name: Conrad
Trailer: currently shopping
Atlantic Beach
We have a casita spirit and bought a 6” double mattress from IKEA. They have a firm and extra firm in that size. We got the extra firm and added a foam topper (cheap one). We used a knife to cut the corners to the curves. We made a fitted sheet for the mattress. We love it. We leave it in place and use the area below for clothes storage. Works perfectly. Couldn’t be more comfortable.
Pattyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #26

Name: Brice
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I have a Southern Mattress in my Casita and it is the best sleep I get anywhere.

My wife bought a mattress for our house that cost about half what I paid for my Casita and the Southern is far better than that one.
Flyrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #27

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
For what it is worth, I stuff my foam topper into a giant builders bag and use a vacuum sweeper to reduce the volume. It fits into the original shipping box.
Cncrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #28

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
most every town above some size should have a local mattress maker, like here we have Bay Bed and Mattress, who does custom mattresses with natural latex foam. they have no problems with making any custom shape mattress you want, and their prices are quite reasonable. you can choose any combination of foam densities you want.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #29

Name: Ken
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Hey group,
Just purchased a Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe. Mattress size shows 54" x 76" but the mattress is not square. Does anyone know the radius on the mattress to make ordering a custom cut mattress easier?
Thanks in advance,
Ken
kpaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #30

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpaulk View Post
Hey group,
Just purchased a Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe. Mattress size shows 54" x 76" but the mattress is not square. Does anyone know the radius on the mattress to make ordering a custom cut mattress easier?
Thanks in advance,
Ken
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post792380

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita