Microwave oven for 16 ft Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Microwave oven for 16 ft Scamp

Hi there: Do you have a recommendation for a microwave that will fit into cabinate scace above the refrigerater?

Also, any in-put on a toaster that you have fopund that wrks well with the standard electrical system in a 16 ft Scamp.

Thank you

Karin and Tom
Tom and Karin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I too have looked for a microwave that fits in the cabinet of my 16 ft scamp and is reasonably priced with no success. The old microwave that came with my trailer fits in the cabinet but does a terrible job of making popcorn and does very few other things well.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Thank yo Steve : We are still lokking too; if we find anything we will post it.

Tom and Karin
Tom and Karin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Scamp 16 ft / 2005 Saturn Vue V6
Microwave & toaster

Our original microwave died while we were on a trip, so we stopped at a Walmart, measured the space, went inside and bought one that fit. The one we chose is a "Rival". Works great for what we need, even pops corn. About $60. if I remember correctly. If it dies, we stop at another Walmart. We use a regular toaster. You don't need anything special. We also carry along a regular coffeemaker like we use at home. Store it in the cabinet under the stove. Basically what we have found is, if you use it at home, it will work in the Scamp if you have a place to store it.
Steve
Steven F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Registry
Microwave for 16' Scamp

I installed a .7 watt magic chef that works fine in my redo of a 1980 Scamp. I first installed it with "plumber's tape" (metal strap), which came loose(no damage, fortunately). I reinstalled it by taking the cabinet apart, bolted it to the bottom of the cupboard using large washers. It now is secure and works great.
See following link: 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave in White-MCM770W at The Home Depot

Lawrence
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, scamp