Minor Modifications on our Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #1

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Minor Modifications on our Scamp

I have a couple of questions about some modifications that we are wanting to make on our Scamp after wrapping up our second camping season with "Iggy."
(Lacrosse and gymnastics move into full swing this weekend and effectively end our camping season because every weekend is an opportunity to watch our kids do what they love )

First, the Scamp currently has a parquet wooden floor. I'd love to replace that with the Allure Vinyl Plank flooring that snaps together. Thoughts on whether or not I can just place it over the top of the wooden flooring or will we need to remove the parquet? What if we spring a leak? Do I have to worry about water running under one floor and rotting out the the other underneath without knowing it?

Second, after two seasons camping, we are pretty certain we won't use the water tank at all. I think we've decided to leave the tank in place, but remove the tube coming from it to the sink. I'm pretty sure I can just buy a cap/plug at the hardware store and just cap it off, but wanted to confirm that's as easy as it gets. We could just leave it, but the PO ran the tubing in front of the dinette, and I'd like to clean that up, especially if we change out the flooring. I feel like that also allows us to change our minds later, and add the tubing back if want.

Attaching some pictures of the floor and the tubing. Thank you in advance for all of the knowledge you all have!

Click image for larger version

Name:	048.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	99525

Name:	050.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	99526

Name:	100.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	99527

One last thing: You can see some water damage to the floor int he right corner of the one picture. The floor is solid, and we assumed it was from the water tank and or tube leaking at some point prior to our ownership. Funny story. We camped last weekend for a few days in TORRENTIAL rains. I stepped in a giant puddle and blamed kids for tracking in water, but wouldn't you know it, we had sprung a leak. My husband and I spent a good hour tracking it down and discovered that one screw from a side marker light wasn't sealed and was running water down the wall, into the space under the sofa and sink cabinet, and running out on to the floor. We fixed it with butyl tape when we got home (and it's dried/drying out) so hopefully that's the last of that leak.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp