mod for swivel chair removal in Casita Freedom - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #1

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Casita freedom deluxe 16
Arizona
mod for swivel chair removal in Casita Freedom

I have removed one of the swivel chairs in my Freedom Deluxe Casita and am looking for ideas, pictures on storage for that area ( it is the back chair I removed) so the fuse box needs to have accessibility and the tire well is also in the picture. I'd appreciate any ideas.. thanks
Miscellaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Elaine,

There's quite a few threads on this forum and a couple of Casita forums with posts from people that converted their trailer to a Spirit Deluxe by purchasing parts from Casita, and others who just built something similar of plywood.

Try Googling "Casita Freedom conversion".

Here's a picture from a converted one that was sold this year.

https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...eluxe-blue-381
Attached Thumbnails
Freedom Conversion.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Smile search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscellaneous View Post
I have removed one of the swivel chairs in my Freedom Deluxe Casita and am looking for ideas, pictures on storage for that area ( it is the back chair I removed) so the fuse box needs to have accessibility and the tire well is also in the picture. I'd appreciate any ideas.. thanks
Agree on checking out what others have done on the Casita forum, I just saw some good DIY's on this same subject. It can be done successfully. Good luck. Do a search here as well.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #4

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Casita freedom deluxe 16
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Elaine,

There's quite a few threads on this forum and a couple of Casita forums with posts from people that converted their trailer to a Spirit Deluxe by purchasing parts from Casita, and others who just built something similar of plywood.

Try Googling "Casita Freedom conversion".

Here's a picture from a converted one that was sold this year.

https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...eluxe-blue-381
thanks but I am really looking for storage options not another seat
Miscellaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscellaneous View Post
thanks but I am really looking for storage options not another seat
While the seats have storage, it sounds like you could keep going up vertically until you run into the ceiling. It sounds like a cool idea. I'll be interested to see what comes of this.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:32 AM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
It should be fairly straight forward to make a small closet between the bulkhead and the side window. I would remove the bulkhead to use as a pattern and go with some 1/2 plywood to reduce weight. You could do a wider base on the bottom then a narrower one on the top to miss the window. I would try to do internal mounting only so not to have to drill holes in the shell but if you do have to drill holes then snap caps and screws would work. I am not sure if Casita offers custom doors but if you have the table saw working, it may be a good time for a face-lift and replace all the doors to lighten the load. That MDF is damn heavy. The bulkhead is screwed inside the upper front cabinet and the rear bench seat (at least on mine). Once it is unscrewed it just slides out. I did a remake a few years ago in pine and it was 1/3 the weight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0087 (Medium).JPG  
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita