My 76 Boler Rebuild - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #61

Name: Grant
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Thanks for the tip on cutting veneer! I will use that next time for sure.

Have you thought of putting in a three pole (aka 3 way) switch? That would solve your problem. Adding a switch to the ground means that both switches need to be turned on to have it on, which could be annoying.
Lercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #62

Ontario
Decided the tow vehicle needed a bit of maintenance before our first trip of 2017. I replaced the rear springs (as you can see they were broken) and while I was in there I decided to get new shocks and shock mounts.

It feels much nicer now
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170611_160706.jpg  
Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #63

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Grant, seems like you and I are on the same wavelength lately. Last weekend I put airbags into the rear springs of my Caravan. When it was all loaded to go it was riding a little too low. Hope your drive is a little smoother now!
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #64

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
glad you found that broken spring before you hit the road
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #65

Ontario
The springs had been broken for at least a year (or more). No real performance issue with them. That being said, it was nice to finally replace them.

Here is a pic of our current set up at Sandbanks Provincial Park.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170612_173105.jpg  
Old 06-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #66

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lercs View Post
I had some oak veneered plywood laying around from another project, so I decided to make a new front dinette table.
I used the old table as a template and a jigsaw to cut it out. Unfortunately I had lent my jigsaw to a friend and it came back a bit worse for wear, so the cut isn't the best.

That being said, it turned out pretty nice. Just looking for an edging material to finish it off.

Hello, That's exactly what I want to do, make the front bench into a table. There's already a hole there for the porta potty. I see you chose to only use the table base and stand. Have you made new cushions for the seats?

I wasn't sure about attaching the table to the front wall, but maybe it doesn't need to be? Does it stay upright during travel? I was trying to keep the hardware flush so that I could use the compartment during travel.

For the cushions, I was going to buy new foam and cut to size, then have an upholster do the covers. I have the full length cushions but don't want to re-cut. Any other ideas?

Like you, I've lot track of how many rusty bolts and screws have been removed, or were missing altogether. There is certainly always another project, either just for fun, or out of necessity.

Thanks for sharing your re-do. Jamie
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #67

Ontario
For the table, I put it down during transport. The leg comes out and I store it in one of the seat compartments. The pedestal style leg is pretty stable and this way I can still use it as a couch/bunk beds.
In transport I store my BBQ under the table area.

If you are planning on getting someone to do new cushion covers for your boler I'd suggest getting it all done by them. It isn't much cheaper to cut your own foam. It is a bigger save to do the sewing yourself.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #68

Ontario
I haven't done much work since my trip, but I did build a spot to park the trailer. Last year I just parked it on the grass, but apparently that is against the bi-laws in Ottawa, so concrete pavers it is!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20171017_183702.jpg  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #69

Ontario
Also, just noticed I didn't post any pics of my trip to the east coast (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). Here is a pic of one of the best spots at Notre Dame Provincial Park.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170825_205121.jpg  
Old 02-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #70

Name: Nancy
British Columbia
What are the measurements of your front dinette table?
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #71

Ontario
Hi Nancy, I'd love to tell you but the boler is currently buried.

If you are still interested in the spring, send me a private message to remind me and I will measure it for you.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #72

British Columbia
Quote:
Hi Nancy, I'd love to tell you but the boler is currently buried.

If you are still interested in the spring, send me a private message to remind me and I will measure it for you.
Thanks, have marked it down, will try you in the spring, we have tons of snow here too.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #73

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
What are the measurements of your front dinette table?
What size Boler do you have? I have a 17' and don't know if the table would be the same as a 13'.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #74

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
What size Boler do you have? I have a 17' and don't know if the table would be the same as a 13'.
I have a 1976 13', I would think the bunk beds would be the same size. I am taking the top bunk out and removing the porta pottie section to make a front dinette, but need to be able to put the table down to use as a bed when needed, won't be very often, mostly just the two of us. Just trying to figure out the best easiest way to do it.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #75

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
I have a 1976 13', I would think the bunk beds would be the same size. I am taking the top bunk out and removing the porta pottie section to make a front dinette, but need to be able to put the table down to use as a bed when needed, won't be very often, mostly just the two of us. Just trying to figure out the best easiest way to do it.
You would need to build the benches first. The space between the benches will dictate the size of the table. In our trailer the table folds down flush between the benches and sits on 2 wooden rails.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #76

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
nancy f

nancy we don't eat much in our scamper. we put a small futon in the nose area took the dintette out as it gives us a place to set better.

I am trying to figure out a way to include the portapottie in the area I may have to give up on the futon!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #77

British Columbia
Quote:
You would need to build the benches first. The space between the benches will dictate the size of the table. In our trailer the table folds down flush between the benches and sits on 2 wooden rails.
Thanks Steve, My benches are already there, all I need to do is take off the middle section door and remove the porta pottie. How does your table fold down, what mechanism did you use. Was kinda hoping I could have one that did not have a leg at the front or a centre pole, thinking more room for feet.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #78

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Ours has a swing away middle leg with the original hardware.

[ATTACH]116075[/Click image for larger version

Name:	20180204_171332_Film3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	116078ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	20180107_151259_Film3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	116076Click image for larger version

Name:	20180107_151312_Film3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	116077
Attached Thumbnails
20180204_171339_Film3.jpg  
Old 02-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #79

British Columbia
Quote:
Ours has a swing away middle leg with the original hardware.

[ATTACH]116075[/Attachment 116078ATTACH]Attachment 116076Attachment 116077
Thank you for the pics, they were helpful
Old 03-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #80

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil' Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
New cushions thanks to Flesher's Upholstery in Ottawa! They look awesome and the price was decent. (Approximately 1500 CND)
Did this include the price of the material as well? Looking at options to redo the fabric in our lil' bigfoot and am glad I stumbled on this post as we are also in Ottawa.
Quote:
Also, just noticed I didn't post any pics of my trip to the east coast (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). Here is a pic of one of the best spots at Notre Dame Provincial Park.
Melly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler