My 77 B15 Beachcomber - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #61

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick n View Post
I'm certainly not going to the extremes on this one as I am on the one I'm keeping but it has to be dry clean and safe(brakes,electrics and propane, tires and hitch).

I figure I'll have about $800 in materials into it not counting my labour and the original cost of the unit.

I see you're from down Louisiana way, I love Louisiana it's a slow comfortable life style with nice people and beautiful country side. I plan on visiting again one day

Rickn
Keep me on your radar. I have enough land that you would have a free nights camp (or 2, or 3) if your trip brings you through here.
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #62

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlives View Post
Keep me on your radar. I have enough land that you would have a free nights camp (or 2, or 3) if your trip brings you through here.
I don't know if I'd tow my Beachcomber that far but if I do I'll definitely take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks,

Rick.
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #63

Name: Tamara
Trailer: 78 Beachcomber B15
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidley View Post
Hi Tamara: Just read your comment. When my wife read it she chuckled and said "Neither can we". Right now it's in the thought process....
I see you have a 78 B15. Do you have plans to renovate?? Could you send some pics??
I'm still trying to figure how to tie together the upper and lower sections in the front and rear ends.

Like Rick N says there seem to be a lot more "beachcombers" appearing. Maybe we'll have to start a "Beachcomber club" LOL.

Sid
Hey Sid,
Here's the pics - Hope they give you some ideas!

Tamara
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bunks.pdf (350.5 KB, 137 views)
File Type: pdf Decal.pdf (136.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf Exterior Decals.pdf (175.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: pdf Folding Counter.pdf (278.6 KB, 121 views)
File Type: pdf Kitchen.pdf (230.2 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf Rear.pdf (192.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf Table1.pdf (223.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf Table2.pdf (265.0 KB, 51 views)
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #64

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Hey Sid,
Here's the pics - Hope they give you some ideas!

Tamara
Wow your Beachcomber is in great condition, do you have anymore pictures?

Cheers,

Rickn
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #65

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Tamara: WOW is really the right word. Boy it looks like your Beachcomber has been kept well stored for the last 30 plus years. The interior looks almost new. Looks like you can go camping as soon as the weather permits.
Thanks for the pics. They do help alot. If you have more pics that would be great.
I'm hoping I can get my B15 ready in time to go to the glass egg rally in Mission in June. I'm anxious to get at it.
I'll try to post my progress.

Sid
Squidley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #66

Alberta
Registry
Hey Guys,
Glad you liked the pics; here's a couple more for you to check out. She'd had only been in storage for the last 5 years or so - before that it was used very often! My parents kept it in such good shape and passed it on to me this year .
Sid - if you need any measurements for anything let me know!

T
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Under Bunks.pdf (276.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf Above Table Storage.pdf (157.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Kitchen and Table.pdf (211.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf Under Table.pdf (269.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf Kitchen2.pdf (272.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: pdf Furnace.pdf (282.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf Original Floor.pdf (320.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf Latches - Above Dinette Storage.pdf (177.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: pdf Storage Cupboard.pdf (243.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf Under Sink.pdf (245.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #67

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Glad you liked the pics; here's a couple more for you to check out. She'd had only been in storage for the last 5 years or so - before that it was used very often! My parents kept it in such good shape and passed it on to me this year .
Sid - if you need any measurements for anything let me know!

T
Thanks again for even more pictures. They all seem to help even though I am making a number of changes.
There is one measurement I could use. It's not critical, but would be helpul.
What is the measurement from the floor to the top of the seats (or bed when the table is down), not including the cushions?? I'm starting to plan the interior cupboards, benches etc. I plan to put the 12v dc compressor fridge between the door and the bed. That would be where your closet is. I want to move the water tank from the curbside to the drivers side behind the wheel well and then install a small (9.5 litre 115volt ) hot water tank under the stove where the fridge was. I got the water heater brand new and unused at no cost. Of course it will only be usable when we have shore power.
Haven't fully decided on the front bench layout yet. The battery(ies) & electrical will be under the bench on the drivers side, and a porta-potti under the bench ahead of the door. Don't know if the center will be storage or a dinette for two.
Thanks again.
Sid
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #68

Alberta
Registry
Hey Sid,
The measurement from the floor to the top of the bench (not including cushion) is 16 3/16". Your plans sounds great! Looking forward to seeing pics!
T
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #69

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Hey Sid,
The measurement from the floor to the top of the bench (not including cushion) is 16 3/16". Your plans sounds great! Looking forward to seeing pics!
T

Thanks Tamara. Every little bit of info helps.

Sid
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #70

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisworms View Post
I can try and help with the overlap, Do you want pictures, or ideas. My old paneling is still intact so I can take some pics for you. Alternatively my plan was to (this plan is just a thought, not sure how it will work) frame the paneling out below the belly band so that I can use one piece straight across the back. The back of mine will be a permanent bed, with storage under. This would allow for more insulation where a person would sleep against, and create a ledge for my girlfriends ever present water glass.
Hi Willis: Thought I'd better follow up on our last connection. It's going to soon be time to get to work on the Beachcombers. When will you be ready to get yours out of storage. If you can send pics (Closeups) of the ends of the trailer inside that would really help me. Otherwise, I will be in Kelowna for an appointment on Apr. 10th. Possibly we could meet then???????????

Sid
Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #71

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
hi sid

did you live in edmonton about 20 years ago

alan
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #72

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Smile

Sidney,
Very impressed with your work. You will have something to be very proud of when its done. I would suggest putting your photos into an album so that when you are camping you can show others how your labor of love developed. Have you given thoughts to an interior theme or colors.?
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #73

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan in alberta View Post
hi sid

did you live in edmonton about 20 years ago

alan
No, but I lived in the NWT from 1976 to 1980 and in Vulcan AB from 1969 to 1973.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #74

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRIZZO View Post
Sidney,
Very impressed with your work. You will have something to be very proud of when its done. I would suggest putting your photos into an album so that when you are camping you can show others how your labor of love developed. Have you given thoughts to an interior theme or colors.?
Thanks Rosemary!! I do have all the pics on a flash (thumb) drive and can show them on an electronic picture viewer. My wife is into scrap booking so she could easily do up an album.
We are in the process of planning the interior. The ceiling and walls will be done with a wallboard with a vinyl finish in a snowdrift white. We're hoping to do the cabinets in the same white, but with the same aqua silver color as our car used for all the trim, door frames etc. The stove top, sink and fridge front is stainless steel. Window coverings have not been decided as yet.
I will try to post pics re: progress.

Sid
Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #75

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
No, but I lived in the NWT from 1976 to 1980 .

Where in NWT/ I lived in Fort Smith NWT (and worked for Terrified Gov) from 1977 to 80!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #76

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Where in NWT/ I lived in Fort Smith NWT (and worked for Terrified Gov) from 1977 to 80!
I spent 4 years in Hay River working in the X-ray department in H.H.Williams Memorial Hospital. Did you mean Territory Gov.? Or was that tongue in cheek? I even spent one week filling in at the Fort Smith Hospital one summer, but I don't remember what year. Small world eh?? I even had my car chased by a bull buffalo that week. That was scarey!!

Sid
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #77

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Yes - Gov of NWT = Territitorial Gov = "Terrified Gov."

Had many encounters with those bison - the last (and only) large free-roaming herd of Wood Bison in the world, in Wood Buffalo Nat'l Park. My wife worked for the Park while we were there.

One of the ladies in the bank made the mistake of stopping to look at a group of bison and take pictures. Turned out the group was a bull and his harem and it was rutting season. The ol bull tolerated this for a while and then put his head down and charged her little Corolla. She froze and sat there screaming, eyes clenched tight.H e backed up and did it again. And again. Then he strolled around to the other side, and....

When she "unfroze" and stamped on the gas (wishing she had a MUCH bigger and more powerful car) she got away. Car was junk. She had MORE fun than you could ever imagine with her insurance company (which was based in a big city.)

("Honest, I was just sitting there, not moving when this wild animal....." )

I went to Hay R quite often (to the Back Eddy, of course!)
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #78

Name: Willis
Trailer: Beachcomber B15
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Registry
Quote:
Hi Willis: Thought I'd better follow up on our last connection. It's going to soon be time to get to work on the Beachcombers. When will you be ready to get yours out of storage. If you can send pics (Closeups) of the ends of the trailer inside that would really help me. Otherwise, I will be in Kelowna for an appointment on Apr. 10th. Possibly we could meet then???????????

Sid
Hey Sid, I was planning on bringing the trailer over to my house in the next couple weeks so April 10Th should work fine. I will be on day shift, which would put me home around 3:45. I live right in town, pretty central, shouldn't be very far from wherever your plans take you.

Willis
willisworms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #79

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
Hey Sid

i knew a Sid\squidley that used to come camping to rock lake, sylvan and others in the 80's. he worked up north too but in the yukon ( i remeber his t-shirts with the actual size mosquito 12 inches high on he front)

just a long shot

thanks for the reply

Alan
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #80

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Yes - Gov of NWT = Territitorial Gov = "Terrified Gov."

Had many encounters with those bison - the last (and only) large free-roaming herd of Wood Bison in the world, in Wood Buffalo Nat'l Park. My wife worked for the Park while we were there.

One of the ladies in the bank made the mistake of stopping to look at a group of bison and take pictures. Turned out the group was a bull and his harem and it was rutting season. The ol bull tolerated this for a while and then put his head down and charged her little Corolla. She froze and sat there screaming, eyes clenched tight.H e backed up and did it again. And again. Then he strolled around to the other side, and....

When she "unfroze" and stamped on the gas (wishing she had a MUCH bigger and more powerful car) she got away. Car was junk. She had MORE fun than you could ever imagine with her insurance company (which was based in a big city.)

("Honest, I was just sitting there, not moving when this wild animal....." )

I went to Hay R quite often (to the Back Eddy, of course!)
When I told people about my experience with the bison, I was told about the lady with the corolla. Apparently it happened not long before mine. Probably the same old bull. He went from 0-30mph in about one second and tried to head me off at the pass. Glad I had a bigger more powerful car. We escaped without damage. It's an experience not many have. Those are very large beasts!!!!!

Tags
beachcomber