My little project "Le Porto II" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler ('Le Porto II') / 2006 Pontiac Torrent
First, let me tell you that i got my Boler from Jewelie. Its in good shape but ill probably spend a part of the winter working on it. Good thing i have a heated garage. I got it 4 weeks ago and i already spent 4 weekends in it. I LOVE IT. The first major modification i did was to convert the front couch into a dinette. It works great. My dad even tried it last weekend. Ill post a few pics in the next few days. I also took out the 120V fluorescent and put a 12v fixture instead. Finally, i redid the whole wiring with fuses. From the answers i got from a question I posted earlier, i decided that i should change the axle, especially since ill be going to Vancouver next summer. I also noticed the floor sags a little around the frame and that the frame itself isnt perfectly flat anymore so ill definitely take the shell off the frame this winter. This will give me a chance to sandblast, straigten and paint the frame, do a little body work and adjust the door.

Ill keep you posted on how my project is going. By the way, "Le Porto I" was my boat. Its now for sale. I might as well get rid of it since im not using it anymore. Ill be sad to let it go.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
ooooh, sounds like a plan. We'd love to follow along and view picture too as you're making the changes/upgrades

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler ('Le Porto II') / 2006 Pontiac Torrent
First pictures.

As you can see, it still needs lots of work. That configuration gives me a large storage space on the right accessible from the side door. Under the left bench is the battery, at least for now. Its acessible from the top. I may put it in front of the trailer, I havent decided yet. The fuse pannel is under the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
dinette_1.jpg   panneau_fusible.jpg  

Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote