My Scamp 13 build - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #21

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_hiker View Post
One more upgrade: got rid of standard 30 Amp pull-out power cable and replaced the mouse hole cable port with sealed 15 amp power inlet:
I like that! What attached to the back of the product? Is it a special cable. Splicing involved?
Old 01-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #22

Name: Pavlo
Trailer: Scamp
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
I like that! What attached to the back of the product? Is it a special cable. Splicing involved?
Just a 3 ft piece of regular 15 amp 3 wire power cable from Home Depot. Required some basic wiring work (cutting, stripping and screwing wires to the terminals on the inlet and to the convertor box), but nothing special.
CA_hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #23

California
Registry
Quote:
Just a 3 ft piece of regular 15 amp 3 wire power cable from Home Depot. Required some basic wiring work (cutting, stripping and screwing wires to the terminals on the inlet and to the convertor box), but nothing special.
Sounds doable, thank you for the reply.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #24

Name: Judith
Trailer: Eriba Puck
NC
Just an FYI. In the photos, I can see through your curtains to the outside. That means, at night, I could see through the curtains to the inside. Get your wife to line those things.
Judith Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Nice mods!
The roof top solar set up is nice; I personally think a 'mobile' panel is preferable , since many campsites have lots of shade, and after all, the sun does move throughout the day. (Or rather the Earth moves, but let's not get technical!)

Table top renovation looks great. Formica is the way to go.

You're not an interior decorator are you? Just sayin'
To each his own.
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #26

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 2012 13'
Colorado
Door seam and exterior light

Nice work on your project! Just wondering a couple of things that will help me with my Scamp 13.

1. The seam on my door needs to be replaced, it is dry and ineffective for keeping out the elements. What did you use as a replacement and what got the old adhesive off?

2. I have replaced my interior lights with LED'S and it was just a simple bulb change, the exterior light on the other hand is a different type of socket. Did you find an LED that was the same type or did you change out the fixture?
MLWarshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #27

California
Quote:
Just an FYI. In the photos, I can see through your curtains to the outside. That means, at night, I could see through the curtains to the inside. Get your wife to line those things.
Nah, I don't like the complete blacked out curtains. We did some night time testing and not much can be seen from the outside with curtains closed (other than the light inside is on).

Quote:
The roof top solar set up is nice; I personally think a 'mobile' panel is preferable , since many campsites have lots of shade, and after all, the sun does move throughout the day. (Or rather the Earth moves, but let's not get technical!)
Yes, I'm planning to add an external solar port and additional mobile panel for that exact reason.

Quote:
You're not an interior decorator are you? Just sayin'
Nope, not even close BTW, those beige strips along the ceiling are there for a reason. Original strips of rat fur were shedding like crazy (probably because previous owner used some harsh chemicals on them), so I ended up tearing them off and replacing with two strips of nylon webbing.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #28

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWarshaw View Post
Nice work on your project! Just wondering a couple of things that will help me with my Scamp 13.

1. The seam on my door needs to be replaced, it is dry and ineffective for keeping out the elements. What did you use as a replacement and what got the old adhesive off?

2. I have replaced my interior lights with LED'S and it was just a simple bulb change, the exterior light on the other hand is a different type of socket. Did you find an LED that was the same type or did you change out the fixture?
Thanks!

1) I used original seal from Scamp: https://www.scamptrailers.com/parts-...al-detail.html
Removing the old adhesive was the hardest part, I used plastic scraper, rubbing alcohol and GooGone. Some areas went off easy, some not so much, overall it took me about an hour - hour and a half. The new seal has an adhesive strip, so the installation took only few minutes.

2) Don't know, my exterior and interior lights all have the same Type 1156 12v socket
Old 01-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #29

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Scamp 13’
Oregon
Tail light source

Nice job and nice photo documentation. You’ve done so many things I intend to do to my 1994 13’. You’ve provided me with inspiration! Where did you get the tail lights and specifically which did you choose. I like the look. My originals were replaced with trailer lights complete with the housing mounted on the outside. They are brighter than the incandescents, but boy are they ugly.
Out4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #30

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4Fun View Post
Nice job and nice photo documentation. You’ve done so many things I intend to do to my 1994 13’. You’ve provided me with inspiration! Where did you get the tail lights and specifically which did you choose. I like the look. My originals were replaced with trailer lights complete with the housing mounted on the outside. They are brighter than the incandescents, but boy are they ugly.
I've bought lights from etrailer:
1) Lights: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Lig.../STL190RB.html
2) Licence plate bracket: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Lig...s/LPL55CB.html
Old 01-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #31

California
Registry
Quote:
Do you think this one is more plug and play?
https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Pr...utomotive&th=1
Old 01-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #32

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Hey Pavlo thanks for taking the time to post your mods with pictures and responding to questions of which I have one. I'm looking for ideas for a backsplash, I like yours and am wondering what it is?
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:13 AM   #33

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
Do you think this one is more plug and play?
https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Pr...utomotive&th=1
Yep, looks like this one looks similar to what I used, but has the cable already attached. You'd only need to cut off the receptacle part and screw it to the terminals on converter box.
One more thing to keep in mind is the adapter plate to install this socket into the existing mouse hole port. I used a piece of 1/4" thick plastic cutting board.
I cut a round 3 1/4" plate with 1 7/8" hole in it (simply used two hole cutting saws to make it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Hey Pavlo thanks for taking the time to post your mods with pictures and responding to questions of which I have one. I'm looking for ideas for a backsplash, I like yours and am wondering what it is?
Fred
This one I've got from the previous owner. It looks like some sort of thin metal looking plastic sheet. It is not glued to the wall, just tucked under the cabinet flanges and pressed to the wall by window flange:

Old 02-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #34

Name: Cal
Trailer: Awaiting van purchase.
London
Beautiful small camper with great quality of life improvements carried out to a high standard.

I particularly liked that flush fitted panel which looks really neat.
AeroNautiCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp