I got the Pod home finally. First I had to get a properly sized ball for my hitch. A 2 inch ball looks like it will fit, but a 1 and 7/8 ball is best. After that was solved, i attackted the electrical
. The trailer had a 7 pin plug and my truck had a 4 pin plug, so off to PA to get parts.
I had to do some electrical
connections to convert the gender of the truck plug to plug into the adapter i got for the trailer plug. Then testing and no lights
With my multimeter i found out that there was no power coming to the plug. With that i got some plastic sheeting and went under the bumper. Thre i found that the power wire coming to the blinker unit for the trailer had corroded and broke at the crimp connector. So i fixed that. Plugged in trailer, and still no lights
. With schematics, tools, and nashing of teeth in the rain, and a lot of spray contaxt cleaner, the trailer lights
I drove home and learned to back her up into where she is sitting now.
I think the drive home losened the caucking that held the belly band to the seam in parts, and i see i get to do this fix. I have started a list of what needs to be done.
Feeling very engineeringy at the moment because i never did any trailer troubleshooting like this before, and in the drizzling rain.
I would post pics, but o am not sure how to do it here.