My Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #1

Name: Robert gus
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Kitchener
My Trillium 1300

I wanted to start a thread to document the rehabilitation of my little trailer. I have always wanted one of these pod trailers and finally got one. Its trapped in a drive shed right now, but its mine and work has begun on bringing it back to the road.

The tires are flat and old so the first thing will be to pull it out and replace the tires with new rins and rubber.
The inside is original as far as i can tell, but i will know more once i get it home and start working on it.
The goal is to get enough work done on it to be able to take it to a festival in july.
Gus G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Hymer
California
Registry
Post some BEFORE photos!
OCJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #3

Name: James JR
Trailer: TRILLIUM
Florida
Registry
Hi Gus,
Good job finding one!
In November I also found a 1980 Trillium 1300 that has been neglected but, has great potential,So far we have removed and replaced windows and wood frames( previous owner must have used 30 tubes of silicone caulk on each window) and cabinet doors.New suspension,wheels and tires, cleaned /waxed exterior and much more.
We have found a vast knowledge of information on fiberglass rv forum. We are thankful for the nice people that have helped us to bring our Trillium back to camping!
Good luck on your restore.and if you need help we're here!

JR
Old 03-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
hours

Are you keeping track of your hours? Might be interesting to see when you are done?

thanks

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR MASTER View Post
Hi Gus,
Good job finding one!
In November I also found a 1980 Trillium 1300 that has been neglected but, has great potential,So far we have removed and replaced windows and wood frames( previous owner must have used 30 tubes of silicone caulk on each window) and cabinet doors.New suspension,wheels and tires, cleaned /waxed exterior and much more.
We have found a vast knowledge of information on fiberglass rv forum. We are thankful for the nice people that have helped us to bring our Trillium back to camping!
Good luck on your restore.and if you need help we're here!

JR
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #5

Florida
Registry
I really should...bet I have 80 hours in just the 2 side windows in removing caulk,removing windows,replacing inside wood window frames with cedar, reinstalling windows with butyl tape and stainless screws +cleaning window frames.Maybe another 40 in removing and redoing all interior doors and hardware.
Waiting to install new flooring when more interior projects are complete.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #6

Kitchener
I have lots of before pictures, and keeping track of the time would be good too. I want to use it this summer so i am building a list of Have Ta-Do's, Need Ta-Do's, and Want Ta-Do's and then i will start pulling them off the list, one at a time.
She has good bones which i am.happy for. I will be repalcing the tires and rims, and verifying the signals for the move home this weekend. Two Have Ta-Do's off the list I hope.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #7

Kitchener
Well it was shopping at Princess Auto and got some sale items, lugnuts, 2 rv jacks, a bolt-on tongue jack and went to work. I bought the new tires last week and today i got one on.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3XKNZEAeVfHK3cbv6
I am not sure how photos link here, so i will post this old tire and say that i got one replaced and now i can sort of pull the trailer out of where it is and sould be able to get the next one on.
The interior is good.
[IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BNv4LeqLLznjCmKsVqfjdf_45BCzp6lC/view?usp=drivesdk
[/IMG]
And here

I hope to get the other tire this week, and them test the electrical.
Time invested today, 3 hours. Which is all the driving, shopping, and installation.
More to come.
Gus
Old 04-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #8

Kitchener
I got the new tires and rims on the pod aftet dragging it out on its flat tires from the barn. I picked up the brakelight plug adapter to allow my 4 wire system to plug into the 7 wire system on the trailer. Shopping in the time of Corona is not fun.
Once ready it will be a great tow.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:53 PM   #9

Kitchener
The Trillium is in drydock for refit.

I got the Pod home finally. First I had to get a properly sized ball for my hitch. A 2 inch ball looks like it will fit, but a 1 and 7/8 ball is best. After that was solved, i attackted the electrical. The trailer had a 7 pin plug and my truck had a 4 pin plug, so off to PA to get parts.
I had to do some electrical connections to convert the gender of the truck plug to plug into the adapter i got for the trailer plug. Then testing and no lights.
With my multimeter i found out that there was no power coming to the plug. With that i got some plastic sheeting and went under the bumper. Thre i found that the power wire coming to the blinker unit for the trailer had corroded and broke at the crimp connector. So i fixed that. Plugged in trailer, and still no lights. With schematics, tools, and nashing of teeth in the rain, and a lot of spray contaxt cleaner, the trailer lights worked.
I drove home and learned to back her up into where she is sitting now.
I think the drive home losened the caucking that held the belly band to the seam in parts, and i see i get to do this fix. I have started a list of what needs to be done.
Feeling very engineeringy at the moment because i never did any trailer troubleshooting like this before, and in the drizzling rain.
I would post pics, but o am not sure how to do it here.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #10

Florida
Registry
Hello Gus,
Whats going on with the Trillium?
You would think restoring a camper small as our 1300's would be fast and easy,not so here...plugging along though.
Removed replaced front window recently (last one) .
Never got pics on message board ,but did get a few in the gallery when we got it in Dec.
Good luck in bringing her back...
These Trilliums are demanding good money. fixed...many sell 4k -7k$ here in Florida.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #11

Kitchener
Hi. I am working away on it. The belly band is removed and i start grinding this weekend. I also have piece of 10mm 5 ply baltic birch ro make a new table to replace the particle board one, and halve the shell half polished with 3m product to deoxidize the finish, it is almost a nice little Lima Bean now. My pics are to large for the board, i have to make them smaller, then i will post. It is a lot of fun working on her.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #12

Kitchener
Hi. I am working away on it. The belly band is removed and i start grinding this weekend. I also have piece of 10mm 5 ply baltic birch ro make a new table to replace the particle board one, and halve the shell half polished with 3m product to deoxidize the finish, it is almost a nice little Lima Bean now. My pics are to large for the board, i have to make them smaller, then i will post. It is a lot of fun working on her.

Tags
trillium