New Axle - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Surfside
Cool

Just thought I show off the new axle that I bought from Standens here in Calgary. First the old one and then the New one
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0259.jpg   IMG_0257.jpg  

kentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #2

Trailer:
A question for you - aren't those suspension arms on backwards? I expect to see the suspension arms fitted on the same side of the axle tube as the long side of the mounting brackets - just like on your old axle.

As it stands in the new axle photo, the weight of the trailer is being carried outside the mounting brackets, putting extra strain on them, plus the bolt at the opposite end will be permanently in tension as the mounting bracket tries to pull away from the frame.

I'm not saying I know it's wrong - just that it would be worth checking if it's right.

Andrew
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle